Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Campbell - I'll Be Me

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just started on Sky Arts (Channel 121)

Looks to be a genuinely interesting programme about a music legend now stricken with the ****ing vile condition that is Alzheimers.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[yt]U8TsAh-zYFI[/yt]

Up there with 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash for me when it comes to heartbreaking 'goodbye' songs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
[yt]U8TsAh-zYFI[/yt]

Up there with 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash for me when it comes to heartbreaking 'goodbye' songs.

Totally agree, I heard this a few weeks ago and the lyrics are great.
Shame about the circumstances.
I think that Glen Campbell holds the record for playing the fastest guitar version of 'The Flight of the Bumblebee', he could really play well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In the end he was a Ipswichita lineman.

Yes, but the transfer there was the beginning of the end of his marriage; I heard that his wife was rising by the time he got to Ipswich.

More seriously - a very moving film about a topic that affects far too many people. A brave family to allow it to be made.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Saw him at the Dome in Brighton a few years back on his farewell tour. Excellent show.

The support act contained family members no doubt along to look after him and they were good as well.

Never forget that Glen was a temporary Beach Boy as well when Brian was first ill. This man could do no wrong.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Very moving video.

el punal

Never forget that Glen was a temporary Beach Boy as well when Brian was first ill. This man could do no wrong.

I'm pretty sure I saw him with the Beach Boys at the Portsmouth Country Music Festival back in 1980. At the time I was working for a company promoting a certain French spirit on the site. Country music was not my bag (heavy rock and prog.rock for me, man) so I didn't show much interest. I did think that it was an unusual partnership though.

Anyway, a long time ago, so if anyone was there or I'm talking out of my arse feel free to correct me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here