Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The BBC Price of Football Survey 2015

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're just about at the time of year when we learn that...

- We have the most expensive pies in the League (get ready with your "Better than Pukka", "They used to be better", "I don't understand how people can't go two hours without eating" comments)

- Our prices look quite high, but, BUT, BUT they don't include our travel subsidy, the rascals.

- Sheffield Wednesday really do have a £50+ ticket for second division football

- Arsenal's cheapest season ticket is HOW MUCH?!?

- They didn't mention our direct debit scheme.

In fact, we could just recycle last year's thread, but that wouldn't be fun, would it?!?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here it all is...

Price of Football 2015 Championship.png

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We will pine for these prices if we're ever promoted, the raping and pillaging would start properly then. There is only so much you can take the P when the stands are 20% empty most games. Turn that into capacities and ST waiting lists and watch the ticket prices rocket or travel subsidy disappear.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
looking at that our tickets don't seem quite as bad. Surprised by Hull and M'Boro prices.

on the whole it's all too expensive thought, I'm a believer that you shouldn't be paying more than £25 for 2nd division football.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
that table has MK Dons cheapest away ticket at £25, they're charging Hull £12. If they only charge us £12 then we'll take over 5000

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
- We have the most expensive pies in the League (get ready with your "Better than Pukka", "They used to be better", "I don't understand how people can't go two hours without eating" comments)

Not just the most expensive in the championship, but across all four leagues.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I travel from Haywards Heath which would cost £6.30. When that is taken off my season ticket I am paying £320.10. Less than Rotherham and Burnley!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I did the interactive price of football link and came out at £896 per year on football (doesn't take into account travel). What surprised me was that it stated I could get 26 tickets to see bands like U2 or Take That! Where can you buy tickets to see those bands for only £34 each?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I travel from Haywards Heath which would cost £6.30. When that is taken off my season ticket I am paying £320.10. Less than Rotherham and Burnley!

Exactly - it's about £7 from Worthing so multiply that by 23 and anyone coming from my neck of the woods is saving £160+, so a North Stand season ticket for around £300 :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread is a bit depressing. Watching football is certainly a wealthy person's pastime these days.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here