Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sihanoukville, Cambodia...well?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
What's it like? Going with a couple of male mates in January. Any recommendations for area, hotels, restaurants etc. Thanks in advance

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went there for a couple of days 2 years ago on the way to Song Saa Island - it was .......unremarkable

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Went there for a couple of days 2 years ago on the way to Song Saa Island - it was .......unremarkable

Sorry, OP - but "this". Is it too late to go elsewhere in Cambodia, which is a remarkable country? Have fun anyway :thumbsup:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Otres Beach has a great Italian restaurant son in law from Bournemouth.Happy hour on joints Bar, as well.Kep and Kampot were more to my liking.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wanted to go there 20 years ago, but it was well and truely off limits after 3 backpackers got kidnapped off the train by the Kymer Rouge, marched into the jungle and murdered.

Looks a lot safer these days..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, OP - but "this". Is it too late to go elsewhere in Cambodia, which is a remarkable country? Have fun anyway :thumbsup:

It is indeed. I was there in June. Some of the warmest people I've ever met. Phnom Penh was fun for a few days, Siem Reap even more so, and the temples at Angkor are breathtaking.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Snooky is rather unattractive and beaches are not great. It has a reputation for petty crime. Some decent beach parties though.
Police can also be difficult. Kampot and Kep are far more laid back. Check out the Kampot Survival guide for a giggle.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Otres Beach has a great Italian restaurant son in law from Bournemouth.Happy hour on joints Bar, as well.Kep and Kampot were more to my liking.
Agree with this. I lived there for 3 years and loved Kep and Kampot. The crab in Kep is legendary as are the peppers in Kampot. Always found Sinahoukville a bit seedy and full of gangsters!!

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
What's it like? Going with a couple of male mates in January. Any recommendations for area, hotels, restaurants etc. Thanks in advance

Didn't love it either. There was an ok island just off it, Koh Rong??? You needed to take cash as there wasn't a machine on the island. Sure you will have a good time if you're hitting Siem Reap etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here