Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing baseball caps in restaurants

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just back from a road trip in the western USA. In every restaurant it appeared that the majority of men were wearing baseball caps. Happening more and more here too.

What's that all about?

Firstly, doesn't anyone remember that it's impolite to wear a hat indoors?
Secondly, who would WANT to wear a hat indoors?
Thirdly, a hat makes your head sweaty, so why wear one indoors?

Wear a hat when it's sunny in order to keep the sun off your head and to shade your eyes. Wear a hat when it's cold to keep your head warm. But not in a restaurant. Bizarre.

Reminds me of old photos of the Goldstone when 95% or more of men wore hats, but at least in those days they had the good manners to remove them when not outside.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just back from a road trip in the western USA. In every restaurant it appeared that the majority of men were wearing baseball caps. Happening more and more here too.

What's that all about?

Wear a hat when it's sunny in order to keep the sun off your head and to shade your eyes. Wear a hat when it's cold to keep your head warm. But not in a restaurant. Bizarre.

Reminds me of old photos of the Goldstone when 95% or more of men wore hats, but at least in those days they had the good manners to remove them when not outside.

Just think of it like this...

5195Aj0ekOL._UY550_.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find baseball caps in general quite offensive. Makes the person underneath it look a right berk.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

What's that all about?

You overlooked hat wearers who do not remove the baseball cap or hat during a minutes silence which is even more offensive.
Also in the old Goldstone days I'm sure the hat would have been doffed when being introduced to others.

Time to start a petition on the government site for hat free restaurants legislation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You overlooked hat wearers who do not remove the baseball cap or hat during a minutes silence which is even more offensive.

2C05256B00000578-3224130-As_the_drivers_lined_up_ahead_of_Sunday_s_Italian_Grand_Prix_all-m-15_1441542898633.jpg

Lewis Hamilton last month at Monza, during the minutes silence for Justin Wilson. :facepalm:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Agree with the sentiments here.Would add blokes who were woolly hats in summer with bushy beards. I want to turn a fire hose on the gungy *******s.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
2C05256B00000578-3224130-As_the_drivers_lined_up_ahead_of_Sunday_s_Italian_Grand_Prix_all-m-15_1441542898633.jpg

Lewis Hamilton last month at Monza, during the minutes silence for Justin Wilson. :facepalm:

Obviously hiding the fact that he's going seriously bald and has dyed his hair blond in some weird attempt to divert attention from his baldness!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here