Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Freeman quits Peacehaven & Telscombe Football Club for Lewes.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
http://www.peacehavenfc.co.uk/news/freeman-resigns-1509189.html

DARREN FREEMAN resigned this morning as manager of Peacehaven & Telscombe Football Club. He takes over at Lewes with immediate effect.

Freeman joined the Magpies just two months ago after being out of football and immediately set about transforming the squad with a host of new signings. And in recent weeks his hard work has started to bear fruit as Haven are currently on a four game unbeaten run.

Darren Freeman said this morning: “I do feel a little sad that I am leaving. I want to thank everyone at the club. Especially the players, the fans, chairman Brian Suckling and all the committee. This has been a tough decision but I’ve made it for the sake of my footballing career. I want to manage as high as I can and I couldn’t miss this opportunity.”

He continued: “I love a challenge and I’m passionate about football. I work hard and eat, drink, sleep the game.”

Assistant manager and goalkeeping coach Ross Standen is also making the move to the Rooks.

Chairman Brian Suckling said:” I’m very disappointed Darren is leaving after such a short period. I do wish him every success at Lewes. We know that Lewes Football Club has a great heritage and great support – and this is not reflected in their current league position. I always knew there was a threat we could lose a high calibre manager that Darren is. We all wish him well and thank him for his hard work.”

Suckling continued: ”We will do everything we can to retain our players and the search for a new manager begins now.”

BR1GHT0N

Sep 21, 2015
Massive decision by Lewes in appointing Freeman, seeing as they overlooked him when they gave Steve Brown the job.

He's the clubs sixth manager in as many years and the club find themselves right down the bottom of the table, having seen their budget reduced by £1,000 to £2,000 a week this season. Freeman does however boast a wealth of contacts, which Lewes are going to need exploit if there is any hope for their young and inexperienced team remaining in the Ryman Premier League. Possibly Chris Winterton, who has only just followed him to Peacehaven after working with him at Whitehawk, will end up at the Rooks seeing as they desperately need a keeper as they've fielded four different number ones this season.

It's a real shame, as it is only within the last decade that they were battling in the Conference Premier, but since then it's been five consecutive seasons down the foot of the table.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Massive decision by Lewes in appointing Freeman, seeing as they overlooked him when they gave Steve Brown the job.

He's the clubs sixth manager in as many years and the club find themselves right down the bottom of the table, having seen their budget reduced by £1,000 to £2,000 a week this season. Freeman does however boast a wealth of contacts, which Lewes are going to need exploit if there is any hope for their young and inexperienced team remaining in the Ryman Premier League. Possibly Chris Winterton, who has only just followed him to Peacehaven after working with him at Whitehawk, will end up at the Rooks seeing as they desperately need a keeper as they've fielded four different number ones this season.

It's a real shame, as it is only within the last decade that they were battling in the Conference Premier, but since then it's been five consecutive seasons down the foot of the table.

Freeman steadied the ship recently at Peacehaven, who were looking very dodgy earlier doors. Agree about the contacts thing, Lewes need some experience asap. They've only won one game in fourteen attempts..

P&T could be in a bit of trouble, both good players.

No surprise with McCreadie, and yeah he did score a good un away at South Park in the week. I'm sorry to DF go but again no surprise, that's football at that level.

coach Tony Coade has also gone to Lewes, he will be missed as he's a great bloke, it's at a stage now where we're greatful Hayley and Karen behind the bar haven't gone too.

Simon Colbran has already been appointed although we won't see him for a few weeks,don't know much about him, he's managed a few Surrey sides and think he was once at Worthing.

If you're not going to Leeds we're at home to Ramsgate

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Simon Colbran has already been appointed although we won't see him for a few weeks,don't know much about him, he's managed a few Surrey sides and think he was once at Worthing.

Don't expect any loyalty from the fella. Been at Crowborough a couple of times and he's jumped ship on both occasions the second time citing he needed more time to run his business only to turn up at Tunbridge Wells as a consultant for their 4g pitch installation only to then bin that off after a few weeks to go back into management at Chipstead.

Players seem to follow him about though so he must be well respected in the game. Won't be surprised if he tries to get Sam Carrington to join you.

I assume he still runs a hotel in Tunbridge Wells. Loves himself quite a bit. He was some channel 4 program a while back (think come dine with me but about hotels) and came across as a right prick. Reckon Hayley and Karen behind the jump will probably quite like him though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here