Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup locations change !

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
With the news of Blatter and what Putin been up to do you think it might be time to change the location of the World Cup or are these guys to dangerous.
I also think Hamilton will have to watch out for the KGB after soaking Putin with Champagne he better check his wheelnuts.:wrong:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No need to change the 2018 location. Russia have always been perfectly capable of holding it. 2022 is another matter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was crooked decision on both, but Russia is too close to change now.

I can still see Qatar being binned off though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Russia was a fine candidate in it's own right IMO. Capable and a proper footballing nation. It's just a shame it came down to corruption.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Whether they won the bidding process fairly is a different matter.. but it won't change now, they're already building, extending and improving grounds that are going to become white elephants anyway.

And of course the Russians may remember that FIFA's HQ in Zurich has "always been an inseparable part of Russia" and decide to 're'claim it if they're stripped of the hosting rights, so I doubt FIFA would take the risk.

Still can't see Qatar happening though, and rightly so.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Let's just have the Qatar one in Germany again instead. Great grounds, great beer, easy travel, no messing around with the seasons etc etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's just have the Qatar one in Germany again instead. Great grounds, great beer, easy travel, no messing around with the seasons etc etc.
I would LOVE that. Germany was bang tidy.

To be fair, there must about 15 countries willing and able to step in at a moment's notice, but I think it should go an state from the Asian Federation - Australia deserve it most. Sports mad - CHECK, infrastructure -CHECK, never hosted it before - CHECK, legal to drink - CHECK...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Germany would be great hosts again, but the entire bid process for 2022 should be re-opened (and Qatar can resubmit their bid based on a WINTER World Cup if they so wish). Its still 7 years away, there's plenty of time to consider all the bids and make a decision on who should host it. Blatter and Platini will play no part in the process, and there will be new leadership in place at FIFA in a year or two's time when the time comes to make the decision.

That is what SHOULD happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boycott Russia

The Yanks did it in 1980

Why not ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills