Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL PMQ thread ROUND 2

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Conference season over

Second encounter between the two leaders and at least the opposition are correct,the country is getting involved at least,cant complain this is another corbyn thread when you demand open debate

Looks like Jeremy is sticking to the game plan and doesnt want personal confrontation and will again ask questions from members of the public and not from himself.

will Cameron play along or will he drop a bollock and go on the attack badly?
perhaps he will drop two bollocks and go on the attack well......

its set to be an epic battle of wills or perhaps another disappointment when perhaps maybe midweek wrestling should have been invested in instead........seriously big daddy monday to friday.......who wouldnt want that

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Conference season over

Second encounter between the two leaders and at least the opposition are correct,the country is getting involved at least,cant complain this is another corbyn thread when you demand open debate

Looks like Jeremy is sticking to the game plan and doesnt want personal confrontation and will again ask questions from members of the public and not from himself.

its set to be an epic battle of wills or perhaps another disappointment when perhaps maybe midweek wrestling should have been invested in instead........seriously big daddy monday to friday.......who wouldnt want that

I wondering when Corbyn will realise that this line of questioning is easily batted away by Cameron, in fact I'm sure he's licking his lips and welcoming it.

It gives Cameron a great platform to just answer with with Tory policy, like last time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was all pretty dull last time around.

Perhaps we can have some actual questions from Corbyn himself this time ?

Although I accept he doesn't actually want to tell the public what his policies are, and when he eventually does he'll flip-flop a week or 2 later :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"I have a question here from Mike, from Ilford South. And Mike says, Jeremy - why are you such a bellend? Err, sorry, wrong question...."

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wondering when Corbyn will realise that this line of questioning is easily batted away by Cameron, in fact I'm sure he's licking his lips and welcoming it.

It gives Cameron a great platform to just answer with with Tory policy, like last time.

It was quite an original strategy at the outset but as you say all Cameron does is come back with tory policy

PMQ is what it is,there are thousands of hours of rational political debate you can watch on the parliament channel if you want......i do want to see the leader of an opposition party take the current PM to account over issues,its really the whole point of opposition.......questions from Susan in Reading and Miranda in Morecambe are going to get very boring very quick........i want to know what Jeremy from Islington wants to ask the PM.......thats what he was elected to do

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It was quite an original strategy at the outset but as you say all Cameron does is come back with tory policy

Original and a clever way of avoiding talking about Labour policy for obvious reasons. The most interesting thing today will be what's going on behind Corybn. The mood on the Labour benches, how much visible support he gets or even how many turn up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its an interesting change, i like the idea. i'm not quite sure the delivery is right, because combined with the non-adversarial approach it comes off rather flat and limp. I recall Corbyn said he'd rotate the person asking questions across the front bench, i'd like to see how that works. reckon Watson wont have any of this nicey nicey and will get stuck in.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It was all pretty dull last time around.

Perhaps we can have some actual questions from Corbyn himself this time ?

Although I accept he doesn't actually want to tell the public what his policies are, and when he eventually does he'll flip-flop a week or 2 later :lolol:

Nothing makes the public "flip-flop" like a bit if equality eh? But give them poverty, looking after the super rich and austerity and they'll laugh all the way to the slaughter house.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Conference season over

Although that could also be interpreted as, i have no ideas for myself and rely on others to tell me what to say or as if he was the country's leader, what would he do if / when an important decision had to be made? (Europe, crisis management, etc) - stop and ask for members of the public or fellow politicians to tell him what to do (nothing has ever been rigged by that approach has it!! ...has it?)

Hopefully it's just a novelty and not a regular approach to PMQs

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He should have gone after the supplying Saudi prisons U-turn to stir up a bit more tension in the cabinet but no one emailed him about that

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
does one assume from the lack of any update here during the match, that it was a dull old affair of little consequence?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
well at least Corbyn didnt do as bad as the SNP chap - woeful.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The SNP chap always gets a pasting during PMQs.

It's almost comical

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-confronted-the-tories-with-the-poverty-theyre-creating-at-pmqs-and-all-they-could-do-a6693756.html

Cameron claimed that Corbyn’s figures on poverty were wrong, but perhaps that is something to do with the fact that the Work and Pensions Secretary fixed the definition of ‘poverty’ recently. You don’t feed and clothe homeless children by changing a definition, and the government should be ashamed.

The fact that 50 per cent of wealth is in 1 per cent of hands globally is shambolic, and reports today that inequality is growing in the UK even as our country now has the third most ‘ultra-high net worth individuals’ in the world put paid to Cameron’s claims to have driven opportunity. There could be no bigger proof that his policies continue to squeeze the middle and punish the poor.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Tories laughing at people's poverty. Shameful. Shave no one really watches it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here