Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ADT monitored house alarms. are they worth it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why would you have £26 per month.? You live in a mansion or something?

Good locks,Home insurance and CCTV is ample. Personally the best protection is a dog,that tops everything.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Alarms are a bit of a waste. How many times have you heard a house alarm going off and actually gone to check for your neighbours?

I considered it, but agree better off with some kind of CCTV, good locks etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£300 a year? im not sure what protection this provides over a standard alarm (or even a fake box), unless you have a large drum or a bit remote. a responce is going to take quater hour if your lucky, so anything of value could be gone by then.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If you live in a fairly modest house in an area where few people have alarms, might it also not be argued that you are advertising to the determined thief that you have something worth nicking beyond the norm..

Am I also missing something when vans have the notice 'No tools stored in this van overnight'? Surely most thieving gits aren't simply going to take your word for it?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
ADT are offering full instalation for £49 then monitoring ( 36 month contract) for £25.99 per month.
are they worth it? hows reliability?

Any views.

Sorry - full installation and monitoring - just alarm, or alarm plus cctv plus smoke detection? How many door contacts? How many IR detectors? Monitoring alerts just you and a key holder or that plus OB? If it's the full monty, that's a very good price...

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
And....are they worth it? Do/would you have an alarm/CCTV/both?

I would say it is worth it depending what type of coverage you want/need.
We recently moved to lancing (my mum,dad and me) in our previous house we had a alarm for the house and I had a separate alarm in my bedroom to keep my brother out.
I will be putting a alarm in the new house. With the box outside and being ADT it is a very good deterrent. The standard package alarm consist of, 1 door contact (has to go on entry door) and 2 movement sensors (PIR passive infrared sensor) 1 portable keypad and a control which has the siren built in and a box for the wall outside.
This is only a KEYHOLDER response alarm. You can have as many keyholders as you want (friends/family)
The good thing about the system is that it does not use a phone which could be cut. It actually uses mobile phone signal.
The system's control panel is plugged in and stays in a central point of the house. Everything else is wireless.
Sorry the long detailed response.
We do have a police system which starts at £600 and £28 per month. Both systems can have devices added on at a charge.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
ADT are offering full instalation for £49 then monitoring ( 36 month contract) for £25.99 per month.
are they worth it? hows reliability?

Any views.

The systems are very reliable. The one you are referring to is the keyholder system. If you went directly through ADT it would be £99 but we have an agency that can sell alarms for us for a little cheaper.

Stumpy Tim

I have alarms and monitoring system by ADT. For those who say no one listens to alarms, when our alarm goes off the police come. ADT have been a very professional update & do regular 6 month outfit. I would recommend them if you're considering such a service

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Alarms are a bit of a waste. How many times have you heard a house alarm going off and actually gone to check for your neighbours?

I considered it, but agree better off with some kind of CCTV, good locks etc.

Have you been inside a house with the alarm going off??!?! First time our house was done, someone spotted somebody with an axe smashing in the bottom panel of door, called police, they were only inside for 13 seconds so in that instance yes, an alarm not much use. Next time, it went off and we were in bed the bad guys scarpered so did its job then. Even though it wasn't even set....

I think best to have a combination of what you mention - CCTV, locks, alarm and if you have a porch, lock that! We even have little plastic spikes on the fence top.....

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I have alarms and monitoring system by ADT. For those who say no one listens to alarms, when our alarm goes off the police come. ADT have been a very professional update & do regular 6 month outfit. I would recommend them if you're considering such a service

Very nice to hear
��

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here