Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's National Curry Week . . . What is your curry of choice?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As the title says, it's national curry week, what is your fave curry?, and where do you go to eat it?

I'll kick off, my regular take away from the *Cowfold Village Tandoori, normally purchased directly after getting off the NWSS coach after a home match, is ...

King Prawn Dhansak
Lemon Rice
Brinjal Bhaji

& a Peshwari Naan.

* Other curry houses are available.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Either Special Birianyi with the Veg curry being vindaloo hot served with tarka dhal and a chapati
Or a vindaloo (chicken, lamb or Prawn) with mushroom rice and the aforementioned sides. Also occasionally a sag aloo.

Before anyone mentions about not being able to taste anything.....i have found that i have built up a tolerance over the years and to get a "hit" it now needs to be a vindy

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
II prefer red, green or yellow Thai currys :thumbsup: Although I have just had a very nice Chicken Laksa pot noodle from Sainsbury.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
King Prawn Rogan Josh with pilau rice and a plain naan, accompanied with a full-bodied pinotage. I get mine from Classic Curry in Key West Centre, Bedfordview, just outside Jo'burg. I can provide directions from OR Tambo Airport if anyone wants to try it.
For anyone preferring Durban to Jo'burg I recommend the King Prawn Vindaloo in The Kashmir at Umhlanga Rocks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
King Prawn Rogan Josh with pilau rice and a plain naan, accompanied with a full-bodied pinotage. I get mine from Classic Curry in Key West Centre, Bedfordview, just outside Jo'burg. I can provide directions from OR Tambo Airport if anyone wants to try it.
For anyone preferring Durban to Jo'burg I recommend the King Prawn Vindaloo in The Kashmir at Umhlanga Rocks.

Directions?, do you mean they won't deliver?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Either a chicken jalfrezi which is about as hot as I like or a Chicken Akeny Biryani if I don't fancy anything too hot.

Both with onion bhaji and garlic naan

From Mumbai Express take away in Sutherland Rd. Never had a bad take away from there.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lamb/mutton dhansak. Massively underated curry, the dhansak, so glad to see it mentioned several times already.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Poppodoms
Prawn puri
Lamb vindaloo

All from The Ganges

Before I learnt the secret of making curry like the restaurants do it was:

Poppadoms
Chicken Madras
Mushroom Bhaji
Keema Rice
Plain Naan

India Garden Burgess Hill.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
How do you tweak your Dhansak Sid?, Madras hot perhaps?

7137229.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Off for a rubus with a mate tonight, after watching Arundel v Pagham. Will probably be:

Pops & Dips
Chicken Madras (Possibly Royal Lamb Madras, depends on result!)
Sag Aloo
Pilau Rice
Garlic Naan

Will resist the ice icream encased inside a plastic penguin for £4 though!

theboybilly

Tandoori Chicken (starter)
Lamb Madras
Pilau rice
Bombay potatoes
Plain Naan

all after a couple of poppadums (?) and pint of Kingfisher/Cobra

I've started using the Millan on Upper Shoreham Road again asthe Indian Cottage in Shoreham High Street is too hit-and-miss

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will be heading to the Shapla in Burgess tonight for a Murgh Keema Mossala

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
The local curry house - The New Curry Centre in Horsham - have a mixed meat balti called Zamania.

I ordered it once when drunk, on the basis it sounds like Zamora!

Anyway, 15 years on and I still have it, but now Madras hot and with mushroom rice.

Its damn good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here