Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hi All,

Having held a season ticket for every season at Withdean and for every season, prior to this one, at The Amex I decided this season to give it a miss ... (abuse welcome). The reason being was the footballing commitments of my two sons and my desire to watch them play rather than the Albion.

Well, as luck would have it, their arrangements are such that it does seem, with a little luck (& good traffic), that I could make it to The Amex on time (This triggers the second part of your abuse, JCL, glory hunter etc).

However, I have two problems here:

ONE: We haven't lost yet and I've been waiting for about FIVE games now to buy me and the boys our season tickets; I couldn't bear it if I were to buy ours and we then went on to end our glourious unbeaten run.

TWO: Previously we've parked at the Farm Shop, and now we've lost our slot! We'd have to use the train and I just wondered if this has been sorted yet? How long does it take from final whistle (with applause) to get to Brighton Station, for our onward journey please?

Panic not, I won't buy a ticket until we end the run! Previously East Stand thinking of trying the SWC.

BR1GHT0N

Sep 21, 2015
I know what you mean about not wanting to ruin our run of form, but are you really that interested in going if you've let five games slip?

Still the best bet in my opinion in terms of parking is Wild Park, or at Stanmer. Although you're not allowed to park at Stanmer, the stewards can't actually stop you, and they can't prove that you're attending the game. Obviously it's a really short walk from there, whereas it's about a 15-20 minute walk from Wild Park; but I haven't parked there for a few years now so I'm not too sure what it's like there now (travellers permitting).

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Hi All,

Having held a season ticket for every season at Withdean and for every season, prior to this one, at The Amex I decided this season to give it a miss ... (abuse welcome). The reason being was the footballing commitments of my two sons and my desire to watch them play rather than the Albion.

Well, as luck would have it, their arrangements are such that it does seem, with a little luck (& good traffic), that I could make it to The Amex on time (This triggers the second part of your abuse, JCL, glory hunter etc).

ONE: We haven't lost yet and I've been waiting for about FIVE games now to buy me and the boys our season tickets; I couldn't bear it if I were to buy ours and we then went on to end our glourious unbeaten run.

TWO: Previously we've parked at the Farm Shop, and now we've lost our slot! We'd have to use the train and I just wondered if this has been sorted yet? How long does it take from final whistle (with applause) to get to Brighton Station, for our onward journey please?

Panic not, I won't buy a ticket until we end the run! Previously East Stand thinking of trying the SWC.

A really good bet is to drive to Burger Bar Car park Ashcombe/Kingston roundabout and get bus there and back. Buses every ten minutes eachway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, you're going to let some superstitious belief that your presence will adversely alter the outcome of the games get in the way of actually attending?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So, you're going to let some superstitious belief that your presence will adversely alter the outcome of the games get in the way of actually attending?

Yup, that's about it!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know what you mean about not wanting to ruin our run of form, but are you really that interested in going if you've let five games slip?

Still the best bet in my opinion in terms of parking is Wild Park, or at Stanmer. Although you're not allowed to park at Stanmer, the stewards can't actually stop you, and they can't prove that you're attending the game. Obviously it's a really short walk from there, whereas it's about a 15-20 minute walk from Wild Park; but I haven't parked there for a few years now so I'm not too sure what it's like there now (travellers permitting).

Cheers, will look at it. Not five games as only just got a better understanding of their time commitments and expectations at their new clubs. Still last three weeks though!!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Staying to applaud the team, and walking down to the station usually means getting a train around 17.10 or so to Brighton.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hi All,

A third problem is that you can't buy a season ticket ATOW - you might have to wait until half-STs go on SAIL.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A third problem is that you can't buy a season ticket ATOW - you might have to wait until half-STs go on SAIL.

That's no worries, I can get them game-by-game for the moment (or rather when, or if, we lose)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Pro rata are available I believe from the Preston game Onwards

To be honest after all previous seasons in the same seat, centre of the East Stand, I think we'll spend as few games trying SWC, North, WSL etc, have a bit of a tour and then settle on something mid season.

Tpt is my biggest concern, as time limited in the a.m.and not arriving in the area until 2.20-2.30 ish, really need to drive so may start looking at a solution around that too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To be honest after all previous seasons in the same seat, centre of the East Stand, I think we'll spend as few games trying SWC, North, WSL etc, have a bit of a tour and then settle on something mid season.

Tpt is my biggest concern, as time limited in the a.m.and not arriving in the area until 2.20-2.30 ish, really need to drive so may start looking at a solution around that too.
Where are you travelling from?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where are you travelling from?

Arundel, or rather, depending on kids fixtures could be anywhere in the Sussex / Hampshire area or wider South East

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Might try those coaches, but I think they go quite early and you have to leave the match sharpish, don't you?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Might try those coaches, but I think they go quite early and you have to leave the match sharpish, don't you?

Well l travel on a North West Sussex Seagulls coach, as opposed to a Seagulls Travel one, but l'm sure the same rules apply, you need to be back on the coach pdq as they try to clear the coach park as soon after the final whistle as possible.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well l travel on a North West Sussex Seagulls coach, as opposed to a Seagulls Travel one, but l'm sure the same rules apply, you need to be back on the coach pdq as they try to clear the coach park as soon after the final whistle as possible.

But you can stay until the end and offer a quick applause as you walk backwards up the steps? I'll look into that, to be honest we were paying about £300 a year in parking, depends what the costs are for me and the two lads.

Years ago a lady in Highlands Road, Horsham use to organise an old double decker that trawled around Henfield, Billingshurst, PG, Cowfold etc as it wound it's way down to the Goldstone!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here