Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

“I do not take my mandate from the European people.”

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I appreciate that there are other threads on the EU. However the above quote in today's Independent by the European Commisisoner for Trade so sums up the contempt the Eurocrats and Governments have for the people of Europe I thought people should see it rather than it be lost in an argument about the Pros and Cons of the EU.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...the-eu-official-in-charge-of-it-a6690591.html

Left to my own devices and If i didnt hear another eurocrat or politician tell me why I should vote to stay in, I would in fact vote yes to stay in. Every time I hear them speak i feel an incredible urge to vote no, just to wipe the condescension off their faces.

Personally I dont believe we will be allowed to leave the EU. The result will come back with a yes vote whatever. It is too important for global capitalism for Britain to remain in. I also think there are good reasons for us to remain in. But when I hear this I wonder why they are so afraid of the european people deciding things for themselves.

For the record John Hilary author of the article is executive director of War on Want. He is one of the leading advocates for opposition to TTIP. This doesnt negate the fact that the commisioner is so dismissive of democratic accountability.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was just thinking about the EU tonight, and realised I'd be absolutely devastated if we left it.

This is crazy behaviour.

I think I need a beer, or a holiday, and to make a decision not to care.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
alot of fuss over TTIP. its just a collective trade deal, the sort of thing the EU is created for. im sure theres a few clauses here and there that we'd rather not have, overall its a good idea. even the EU has its purposes.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you've got a spare 5 LARGE stick it on 'stay' on the referendum result with the Magic Sign @ 2/5.
Collect your 7 BAGS in a few years time. 40% ROI

Dec 29, 2011
alot of fuss over TTIP. its just a collective trade deal, the sort of thing the EU is created for. im sure theres a few clauses here and there that we'd rather not have, overall its a good idea. even the EU has its purposes.

TTIP gives corporations the power to sue governments if their product is discriminated against. Want to ban chocolate because you hate fatties? That's a sueing. It shifts power to corporations and away from governments (and therefore the populance). It's also used to further (read: maintain) economic power between developed nations and make it a lot harder for developing nations or nations which pose an economic threat (China) to strengthen their economy on a global scale.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Was just thinking about the EU tonight, and realised I'd be absolutely devastated if we left it.

This is crazy behaviour.

I think I need a beer, or a holiday, and to make a decision not to care.
I'd be absolutely gutted if we stayed in the EU....Hate everything about it :censored:
Don't be afraid of change and don't get blinded by these self obsessed money men manipulating and scaring the public into massive job losses and being a lonely country etc etc....so far from the truth as we're a big economy who will still buy and sell as we wish and trade throughout the rest of the world.
The other issue is not about money...Its about the changing face of Britain due to mass migration and much much more.
Changes are good and we have no choice but to change as many different cultures and religions flock to our great country,but what will it be like in 20 years at this rate?
The fat cats don't need to worry though as its all about money with most of them and not about Britain being British and proud.The M&S **** says that we should stay in the EU and if that means dismantling our flag then so be it....Sums up these selfish self centred twats who only want to line their pockets at the cost of our flag.

Hopefully people will see what most of these idiots are like???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be absolutely gutted if we stayed in the EU....Hate everything about it :censored:
Don't be afraid of change and don't get blinded by these self obsessed money men manipulating and scaring the public into massive job losses and being a lonely country etc etc....so far from the truth as we're a big economy who will still buy and sell as we wish and trade throughout the rest of the world.
The other issue is not about money...Its about the changing face of Britain due to mass migration and much much more.
Changes are good and we have no choice but to change as many different cultures and religions flock to our great country,but what will it be like in 20 years at this rate?
The fat cats don't need to worry though as its all about money with most of them and not about Britain being British and proud.The M&S **** says that we should stay in the EU and if that means dismantling our flag then so be it....Sums up these selfish self centred twats who only want to line their pockets at the cost of our flag.

Hopefully people will see what most of these idiots are like???

Not at all afraid of change, just would absolutely hate to leave the EU.

Not healthy, really. I need to condition myself not to care.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I think there's similarities between the EU and FIFA.

A good idea in principle but run by the wrong people under the wrong structure with the wrong objectives

What you are actually saying is that is run by self serving members that do not give a toss about the people they are supposed to serve. They do not want this gravy train to end and will do everything to make sure it doesn't. Your right very much like fifa.

D

Deleted member 22389

Trade with Europe, not governed by Europe what is so hard about it. It's the attitude by the European commissioner as highlighted by the original poster and the countless other examples over the years, this one glove fits all attitude is what pisses me off. Even Cameron who says he is getting us a better deal is coming back with nothing, we are all being taken for a ride and treated like idiots. The problem started with open borders for me, and will never be resolved until each country gets it's own control back of it's borders, that should be a fundamental right of any country to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Some on here may not remember, but at the turn of the century there was a government ad campaign aimed at business 'Are you ready'. This was designed to get business ready to convert to the euro, because if we didn't, we would lose 3m jobs in this country. Hmm we didn't convert and we didn't lose 3m jobs.
Always the same 3m jobs to be lost, its all sounding familiar. Europe has shown itself to be inept in foreign policy, undemocratic, fraudulent on its accounts, weak in the face of Herr Merkel, unable to agree on how to police its borders, an internal bully pushing smaller nations around, uncomptetative on the world market, slow in technological development and now the expose at VW about misleading its customers and destroying its green credentials.
For its cost, its very difficult to justify to the man in the street that its worth it, this will be a close run thing.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Some on here may not remember, but at the turn of the century there was a government ad campaign aimed at business 'Are you ready'. This was designed to get business ready to convert to the euro, because if we didn't, we would lose 3m jobs in this country. Hmm we didn't convert and we didn't lose 3m jobs.
Always the same 3m jobs to be lost, its all sounding familiar. Europe has shown itself to be inept in foreign policy, undemocratic, fraudulent on its accounts, weak in the face of Herr Merkel, unable to agree on how to police its borders, an internal bully pushing smaller nations around, uncomptetative on the world market, slow in technological development and now the expose at VW about misleading its customers and destroying its green credentials.
For its cost, its very difficult to justify to the man in the street that its worth it, this will be a close run thing.

Prepare for a lot of scaremongering and name calling up until voting day completely bypassing the points that people are most concerned about. This is why the IN campaign is shit and I'm hoping people don't get fooled by it.
I see getting out of the EU as fresh start, we have had to listen to the same old BS from the EU and our political parties for years now, may be it's time for change.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What you are actually saying is that is run by self serving members that do not give a toss about the people they are supposed to serve. They do not want this gravy train to end and will do everything to make sure it doesn't. Your right very much like fifa.

And the UK government.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Prepare for a lot of scaremongering and name calling up until voting day completely bypassing the points that people are most concerned about. This is why the IN campaign is shit and I'm hoping people don't get fooled by it.
I see getting out of the EU as fresh start, we have had to listen to the same old BS from the EU and our political parties for years now, may be it's time for change.

I believe that ultimately, the majority of people will be too scared as a result of the propaganda they will be fed by the 'In' campaign to have the balls to drag us out of the EU, which will lead to even more EU bullshit being forced upon us. There is no doubt in my mind that things will only get worse if we stay in.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I believe that ultimately, the majority of people will be too scared as a result of the propaganda they will be fed by the 'In' campaign to have the balls to drag us out of the EU, which will lead to even more EU bullshit being forced upon us. There is no doubt in my mind that things will only get worse if we stay in.

Funny how it's only propaganda when the other side does it.

D

Deleted member 22389

I believe your right, things will eventually get a lot worse.

D

Deleted member 22389

This really tells us all we need to know about the EU, this was from 2008. The EU just love pushing until they get the results that they need. Rules are changed when it suits them, look at the refugee / economic crisis and how they are trying to lever all these people on to other countries whether they like it or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here