Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Lottery

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have been doing the Lotto since day one, but am now stopping after they introduced 10 new numbers. They say 'more winners', that includes the ones that get 2 numbers and a free go next time (which will prob end with 0 or 1 number).

Pretty disgusted in this TBH.

So I am now going to either buy Premium Bonds or do the Health Lotto (although ISA is the sensible option).

Fairly sure I'm not the only one jumping ship on the Nat Lotto...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I loved the way they sold their new look lotto. "YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM MORE NUMBERS!!", as if that was a good thing. Still, it's a mugs betting competition so many will still fall for it.
Now £2 for a £5 mill win at 1 in 45 million.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More chance to win 1 million now, which should be a decent enough prize for most participants.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Should have left it as it was....£1 a go. Got greedy doubled the price with all but the 3 numbers actually paying less than previously. Nowhere could I find any record of whether that move slashed investment. Leaving me to consider they caught a cold but won't own up. Now bizarrely they think that giving us a free ticket for 2 numbers will somehow rectify that ! Plonkers. ???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
09dbikyffu.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But how many people will be pulled in given that the jackpot will be won on less occasions so that the roll over jackpot gets higher and higher. As with the Euromillions when that gets high, more people buy tickets regardless of the very long odds.

No doubt while expecting people to buy tickets less regularly this is compensated for the extra tickets on a high rollover.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I never really bothered with the lottery ever since I read somewhere that you should always buy your ticket in the morning, because statistically you had a better chance of dying during the course of that day than of winning the jackpot.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It was never supposed to be a shrewd financial investment though. It's a tiny bit of hope in an otherwise desperate existence. Or a tax on the stupid.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't do the health lotto, it doesn't help local hospices, a pound is better spent playing their local lotteries - ok you won't win a fortune but you will stand a better chance of wining something

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yup, my old man jumped ship after this too. Couldn't believe how many adverts for it there were all over the papers! They must be pretty desperate!

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
HaHa, Choose from more numbers :facepalm:

I loved the way they sold their new look lotto. "YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM MORE NUMBERS!!", as if that was a good thing. Still, it's a mugs betting competition so many will still fall for it.
Now £2 for a £5 mill win at 1 in 45 million.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you play 4 games a week your better off taking your £416 and playing one number on roulette £14,976 not to be sniffed at with much lower odds. I believe you don't get much more for 5 and the bonus now anyway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why cant uk residents on holiday abroad not be able to use a uk bank account to take part on line. I win my stake money back 3 out of 4 weeks on Euro millions usually about £5.25. One day !!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
First week it was launched, 3 of us playing pool in the pub agreed any winnings would be split and shook on it. Last ticket I bought that was, hope they're still buying theirs though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here