Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning to email the club (re ticket prices)

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
...with the following, and I am interested to know peoples thoughts. Cheers

Subject: Season Ticket Holder +1

Hello, I’ve realized that the seat next to mine is often empty, and on general sale. Having finally convinced my GF to come and watch a game with me, I went on the site to purchase the seat, and honestly was a little taken aback by the £40 price!! (For a ‘lower’ profile Preston game) This is more than I can afford unfortunately, and so won’t be purchasing, but I thought I would 1. Give my feedback, and 2. Enquire if I’ve simply missed the memo, and infact tickets can be purchased at a lower rate for season ticket holders?

…..I have to assume you know better than I but I can’t help thinking that a more reasonable ticket price(or reduced price initiative) under these sort of circumstances would encourage the sale of these empty seats on match days, and more importantly repeat business and the very strong potential to turn a standard ticket sale in to a season ticket sale.

I can categorically say, had the seat been as little as £10 less, I would have bought it. Had she of enjoyed the game, I would have bought it again, and I would be taking my pals regularly too, but not at that price.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
STH's already get their seat at a discount price - doesn't mean it can be passed on though.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
...perhaps it is! Blimey, am I just tight?! I thought is was going to be £25-30 and was genuinely shocked. I guess a cinema ticket these days is about £10+

I only pay £10 more than that a month for my season ticket though...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Where are you sitting? The price obviously varies around the ground, if you're sitting in the prime seats, £40 would be reasonable, I suppose.

The club do have an initiative in place for season ticket holders to bring their friends for £10, but only on selected games. There was a belief among some when it was announced this would be use for the less attractive games, but I don't think you would call the cardiff game (the first one it has been rolled out for) an unattractive fixture.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It just shows that great value the season ticket is, which is obviously what the club value more, as it is guaranteed regular income.

Lets say the club gets 6000 'walk up' per game, you suggest dropping prices £10. Thats £60k per game less revenue, over a season that is £1.3m ... so it soon adds up.

You are obviously in an expensive area. What the club will do is move you free of charge, if you want to take a mate. For instance finding a pair of seats in the cheapest price bracket, around £30 or whatever it is and the club will move you for that game. Compromise ?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
£40 is too much. Saying you'd buy more tickets if they were a tenner OR LESS is a bit cheeky though

... unless your girlfriend is under 10?

haha, are you messing, or does it genuinely read like that? I meant £40-£10(£30)

.....yea, you're right, I'll change that bit haha

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You've misspelt 'realised' and 'Had she of enjoyed the game' makes no sense. Your sentence structure needs a bit of attention as well, way too many commas. Try breaking the sentences up a bit.

In terms of content, I don't think you're going to get a response that goes beyond 'that's the price, deal with it', but worded in a more polite manner. They'll also point out that they did run the 'bring 2 mates for £10 each' for Cardiff and that they are considering doing the offer again at some point (not saying they are, just that that's probably what they will say).

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
haha, are you messing, or does it genuinely read like that? I meant £40-£10(£30)

.....yea, you're right, I'll change that bit haha

I initially read it as £10.00 before double checking.
Which stand are you in?

If you were in the North/South Stand, the spare seat would be approx £30.00 so you would have purchased it.
Therefore, by choosing a ST in (presumably) a premium stand, the cost of the spare seat being too high is your own doing.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
It just shows that great value the season ticket is, which is obviously what the club value more, as it is guaranteed regular income.

Lets say the club gets 6000 'walk up' per game, you suggest dropping prices £10. Thats £60k per game less revenue, over a season that is £1.3m ... so it soon adds up.

You are obviously in an expensive area. What the club will do is move you free of charge, if you want to take a mate. For instance finding a pair of seats in the cheapest price bracket, around £30 or whatever it is and the club will move you for that game. Compromise ?

...have you seen all those empty seats?

At £30 a ticket I would strongly suggest we would sell a lot more, (have a lot less empty seats) and net/net make more, not less. Empty £40 seats net £0 for the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I disagree. It merely shows that football tickets - season tickets and one-offs - are expensive.

It would be nice to see something like £25 as the average one-off ticket price, and a season ticket at around £17 a game. I wouldn't expect our club to do that unilaterally but do feel that with the amount of money in the game, something should be done to make it more affordable.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
You've misspelt 'realised' and 'Had she of enjoyed the game' makes no sense. Your sentence structure needs a bit of attention as well, way too many commas. Try breaking the sentences up a bit.

In terms of content, I don't think you're going to get a response that goes beyond 'that's the price, deal with it', but worded in a more polite manner. They'll also point out that they did run the 'bring 2 mates for £10 each' for Cardiff and that they are considering doing the offer again at some point (not saying they are, just that that's probably what they will say).

I'm american, but thanks for taking the time. You have enriched my day, and your own too I am assuming. Cheers for the constructive feedback

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd get in touch with the club and ask about the £100 four game package thing and say you'd like to do it if you could use the seat next to yours for it, when available.

Some common sense might prevail.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can categorically say, had the seat been as little as £10 less, I would have bought it. Had she of enjoyed the game, I would have bought it again, and I would be taking my pals regularly too, but not at that price.

If you lived in Eastbourne and caught the train the ticket is in fact £9.40 cheaper

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My seat in the WSU (block C) works out at £19-something per game, which considering it includes travel is pretty outstanding IMO.

The walk-up price for that area is about £30 I think, which isn't too shabby in this day and age.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
...have you seen all those empty seats?

At £30 a ticket I would strongly suggest we would sell a lot more, (have a lot less empty seats) and net/net make more, not less. Empty £40 seats net £0 for the club.

I'm sure Paul Barber would love to have that conversation with you and discuss the economics. I am sure they have spent a lot of time looking at this. In case you haven't seen, we are also losing £10m a year or whatever it is.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I'm sure Paul Barber would love to have that conversation with you and discuss the economics. I am sure they have spent a lot of time looking at this. In case you haven't seen, we are also losing £10m a year or whatever it is.

I'm assuming he will respond to me personally, so I will raise it with him, and let you know. Thanks (too many commas?)

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I'd get in touch with the club and ask about the £100 four game package thing and say you'd like to do it if you could use the seat next to yours for it, when available.

Some common sense might prevail.

Now that is a great suggestion. Win/Win. Lets see how I get on... Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here