Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Solution to Neo Nazi Marches from Germany

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Maybe Obama and the gun control supporters should do something like this to the NRA for one of their events in America. How could the NRA say "no" if they pointed out how many lives it were actually saving.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe Obama and the gun control supporters should do something like this to the NRA for one of their events in America. How could the NRA say "no" if they pointed out how many lives it were actually saving.

I am sure they would find a way. Rights, amendments etc etc

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I am sure they would find a way. Rights, amendments etc etc

In all seriousness. The gun control issue in the United States is one of the greatest examples of the politicians selling out to the special interests. As many as 80% of Americans support gun control policies such as greater background checks. The special interests will find a politician to sacrifice and they all are afraid of not getting re-elected. If greater emphasis is put on the numbers that support gun control laws being expanded then more pressure is put on the politicians to change their obedience to the special interests.

My current superior on gun control in Chicago:

http://jobs.aol.com/videos/what-its-like/chicago-police-chief-calls-for-gun-control/517941562/

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In all seriousness. The gun control issue in the United States is one of the greatest examples of the politicians selling out to the special interests. As many as 80% of Americans support gun control policies such as greater background checks. The special interests will find a politician to sacrifice and they all are afraid of not getting re-elected. If greater emphasis is put on the numbers that support gun control laws being expanded then more pressure is put on the politicians to change their obedience to the special interests.

My current superior on gun control in Chicago:

http://jobs.aol.com/videos/what-its-like/chicago-police-chief-calls-for-gun-control/517941562/

I would agree entirely with you here. Although i think the same could be said about many different lobby groups and many different governments.

It appears to me that governments govern for the benefit of big business, lobby groups and other powerful entities. The trick is to do this and while simultaneously keeping the votes coming in with effective spin.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I love a good maths problem

how does individually sponsoring 250 nazis at 10 euro a metre for each nazi only raise 12000 euro…….im sure there must be a correct equation
but that’s a short march by anyones standards unless the rate per nazi metre walked was factored in to an over all collective 10 euro per 250 nazi/metre walked.
which would make each individual nazi sponsorship a bit stingy

Ive heard Pegida are a nazi outfit, surely it would make better financial sense and benefit the charity more to sponsor one of their marches instead, they could raise millions in sponsorship with a 10 euro per individual nazi metre walked as opposed to just 12000 euro on this tiny rally

some fundraising groups just don’t look at the bigger picture sometimes

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I love a good maths problem

how does individually sponsoring 250 nazis at 10 euro a metre for each nazi only raise 12000 euro…….im sure there must be a correct equation
but that’s a short march by anyones standards unless the rate per nazi metre walked was factored in to an over all collective 10 euro per 250 nazi/metre walked.
which would make each individual nazi sponsorship a bit stingy

Ive heard Pegida are a nazi outfit, surely it would make better financial sense and benefit the charity more to sponsor one of their marches instead, they could raise millions in sponsorship with a 10 euro per individual nazi metre walked as opposed to just 12000 euro on this tiny rally

some fundraising groups just don’t look at the bigger picture sometimes

i don't think they were individually sponsored, i think they were sponsored as a group.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i don't think they were individually sponsored, i think they were sponsored as a group.

the article you posted said the 250 nazis were individually sponsored

"by sponsoring each of the 250 fascist participants"

someone is shart at maths here

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
the article you posted said the 250 nazis were individually sponsored

"by sponsoring each of the 250 fascist participants"

someone is shart at maths here

I think that was an error. Interesting thing to highlight though.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
This isn't new. 20 years ago I was in Pittsburg. My hotel was near an abortion clinic. Everyday it was picketed by people in Amish like clothing. There were photos of past picketers in the window; all sponsored for various amounts. You could amuse yourself by making up a bingo type game.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Vaguely amusing and makes a pleasant change from counter marches by 'anti fascist' groups who often seem to have quite a lot in common with people they protest against.

Unfortunately the organisers will have plenty of opportunity to repeat this idea as Germany's current refugee/migrant policy is probably one of the best recruiting tools the far right in Germany could have possibly wished for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here