Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco HUDL2 - what a piece of SHIT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At the risk of being a bit BG....

Bought one of these for the missus last Christmas. She doesn't need a high-spec tab, being as she only plays a few daft games on it and uses it for iPlayer and whatnot. Well, a month / 6 weeks ago it wouldn't switch on despite being fully charged. So they took it back and "repaired" it. She's had it back 2 weeks, and now it won't switch on again. The charging light goes red then green, for fully charged but it just will not switch on.

What a crock. I'm taking it back. I don't want a repair, or a replacement, I want a refund and will get a Samsung instead. Anyone else had HUDL woes ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have the first one and that's shit also. They had a massive issue with the charging port as i found out. I won't buy another Hudl version ever.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Have you stuck a pin in the back for a master reset?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you stuck a pin in the back for a master reset?

No...not yet
I'll give that a go, but even if thst works its hardly ideal. Its only been back a fortnight ffs. I'm still thinking get rid.

[edit]

Can't see a pinhole for a reset anyway

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's called a Hudl, what do you expect?!

Just out of interest how much it cost?

Going to say. Anything called a Tesco HUDL is going to be ****ing shit, even if it's just a bottle of water.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You get what you pay for, a tablet by Tescos is bound to be shit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the risk of being a bit BG....

Bought one of these for the missus last Christmas. She doesn't need a high-spec tab, being as she only plays a few daft games on it and uses it for iPlayer and whatnot. Well, a month / 6 weeks ago it wouldn't switch on despite being fully charged. So they took it back and "repaired" it. She's had it back 2 weeks, and now it won't switch on again. The charging light goes red then green, for fully charged but it just will not switch on.

What a crock. I'm taking it back. I don't want a repair, or a replacement, I want a refund and will get a Samsung instead. Anyone else had HUDL woes ?
Even I know better than to buy one of those: Mine is a Samsung tab3 but bought my son his first tablet on E Bay an Android with HDMI port that he wanted, well pleased at £50 if it goes wrong after a 18 months throw it away and buy another.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got two HUDL2s, and both have worked well for over a year. Used all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here