Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STOOPID things you've done

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on, fess up. We've all done something a bit spack.

My latest (but by no means worst, and this IS geeky) is that I ordered a HDMI splitter from Amazon this week, as the two HDMI slots at the back of my TV were already occupied by the Sky box and my PS3 and I needed a 3rd HDMI slot for my new Firestick to plug in. The splitter arrived yesterday. I went to plug it in - only to immediately find a 3rd HDMI slot in the back of my TV, right there under the other 2.

:facepalm:

Sake.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Come on, fess up. We've all done something a bit spack.

My latest (but by no means worst, and this IS geeky) is that I ordered a HDMI splitter from Amazon this week, as the two HDMI slots at the back of my TV were already occupied by the Sky box and my PS3 and I needed a 3rd HDMI slot for my new Firestick to plug in. The splitter arrived yesterday. I went to plug it in - only to immediately find a 3rd HDMI slot in the back of my TV, right there under the other 2.

:facepalm:

Sake.

Splitter!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As a teenager (about 35 years ago) whilst messing on the railway track (Yes, I know) I bet my friend that I could touch the third (live) rail with my hand whilst sitting on the wooden parapet of a bridge because I wasn't touching the ground. Fortunately I was right.

I still makes me shudder to think of it now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You might find Prime worth getting it has loads of films and music probably compatible with your Firestick.

Prime is obviously compatible with the Firestick, with them both being Amazon. I can't select a damn thing on the main menus without it telling me to subscribe to Prime or asking me to pay for something. It was borderline offensive.

HOWEVER

Install Kodi on it, and it opens up a WORLD of free downloads. I wouldn't touch any of the "official" Amazon stuff with a shitty stick. They wanted £2.99 for an episode of Gavin and Stacy ffs.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A few months back I was involved in a highly inebriated struggle to remove a guitar string from a Fender thrown into the crowd at the Reading festival. In my drunken "Ah f*ck it" state I earned myself no less than eleven, rather deep scars across my fingers. Moral of the story: Go for the low E and not the high one.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As a teenager (about 35 years ago) whilst messing on the railway track (Yes, I know) I bet my friend that I could touch the third (live) rail with my hand whilst sitting on the wooden parapet of a bridge because I wasn't touching the ground. Fortunately I was right.

Blimey, that must have been a very low bridge - how did any trains get under it?!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It was a rail bridge over a road (Pondtail Road in Horsham)

Ah! Back on topic - yep, that really was a stoopid thing to do! I don't think that my best efforts can compare with that. Jumping into a lake while wearing waders is about the most stupid thing I've done - I was trying to get my line unwrapped from around a whole load of lily pads. As well as nearly drowning, I lost the fish.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Goes along with, don't go down that waterfall, don't stand over the sprung loaded parasol stand in nan's garden, don't use the horse (gymnastic horse) that way resulting in broken arm, don't go in the swimming pool with said broken arm in plaster.

Not like you were accident prone bruv.

I'm glad you're now safely tucked behind a desk, leave the practical stuff to me.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I got given press passes for the 2002 BDO World Darts Final. Directed my two mates driving to the Lakeside shopping centre in Essex rather than the darts venue near Aldershot, I wasn't particularly popular as we all missed the final.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Logged into eBay when at college, not really understanding how it worked. Knew my mums username and password.

Bid £10k for a stuffed dog to ruin a bid. Obviously won.

Mother wasn't best pleased. I haven't been on eBay since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here