Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portslade and the 'chav towns' of Sussex

I was looking to see what Leon Knight was up to nowadays and a news site covering the Northwich area shows he's playing for a Cheshire village club, despite just turning 33. I noticed the site featured quite a lot of crime for a town of less than 20,000 and further research led me to a site called I LIVE HERE: BRITAIN'S WORST PLACES TO LIVE. On a list of five recent posts from around the midlands and south, the name Portslade caught my eye. Clicking on that reveals other surprising areas of apparent degradation, such as Hailsham and Sidley. Now, the critique of Northwich was roundly condemned for wild exaggeration, so would this be the case for the Sussex towns or suburbs featured? You can click the map for the county of your choice; there's no need to trouble yourselves with the Nottinghamshire one, though :)

attachment.php

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Filled with Littlehampton,Chichester and Crawley.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Filled with Littlehampton,Chichester and Crawley.

Littlehampton has a proud tradition of supplying some of Albions finest supporters.

Crawley not so much..........thats why Horsham is so important.

Durrington however...............................

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Go onto Zoopla and you will be shocked at the house prices in Portslade. Especially south of the old Shoreham Road.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] ....

Let me get the Pringles first.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Terry garoghan calls it the Olympic Village because everyone there wears shell suits

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Crawley is vile, I moved here two years ago for work reasons and I can not wait to move again

There was an acid attack, An ACID attack outside the cinema a couple of weeks ago.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Whitehawk is just scary walking the streets. Worthing is a nice place in comparison.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whitehawk is just scary walking the streets. Worthing is a nice place in comparison.

Odd comparison, Worthing is a town and Whitehawk is a deprived council estate in Brighton.
I used to live in Whitehawk and I can't say it was scary walking the streets, nothing like West Street on a Saturday night.

Don't know much about Worthing but it must have a council estate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here