Feeling a bit vulnerable?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When you get to a certain age...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everytime 1 goes we each move up the list to be our turn, especially when younger than me. But then you do not always realise how old people are like Geoffrey Howe.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I met Hugh Scullery once. He was in the waiting room of a Harley Street doctor, I was there to have my prostate massaged and I had to sit in the doctors surgery knocking one out with a copy of Razzle that he gave me from his top drawer.
A bizarre and painful day.
No idea what Hugh was in for.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
iiiiiiiiiii....... i.i..........ii....iiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i i i iiiiiiiiiiiiiii couldn't believe it when I heard Jim Diamond had died.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As every minute passes the number of people in the world older than you decreases.

Every 20 seconds someone in England dies, worked it out once as needed some stats behind speeding up Marketing Campaigns off monster databases to 500k+ Nothing like mailshots to the dead, to upset relatives

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Howe bought about the downfall of Thatcher, the biggest shame from that was that Tarzan was not voted Tory Party Leader.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Howe bought about the downfall of Thatcher, the biggest shame from that was that Tarzan was not voted Tory Party Leader.

Would the European row not have been even worse? Tarzan was a massive supporter of the Delors project if I remember correctly. Major had his failings, greatest among them leading the party to its worst defeat since 1832 and rail privatisation (though I appreciate you might not agree), but you have to say that he did us a huge favour with the opt out from the single currency. Michael Heseltine would almost certainly have signed us up to it. 1997 might not have been such a wipe out, though I think the public was thoroughly fed up with the Conservatives by then.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I met Hugh Scullery once. He was in the waiting room of a Harley Street doctor, I was there to have my prostate massaged and I had to sit in the doctors surgery knocking one out with a copy of Razzle that he gave me from his top drawer.
A bizarre and painful day.
No idea what Hugh was in for.
I had that experience and ended up in hospital for two weeks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would the European row not have been even worse? Tarzan was a massive supporter of the Delors project if I remember correctly. Major had his failings, greatest among them leading the party to its worst defeat since 1832 and rail privatisation (though I appreciate you might not agree), but you have to say that he did us a huge favour with the opt out from the single currency. Michael Heseltine would almost certainly have signed us up to it. 1997 might not have been such a wipe out, though I think the public was thoroughly fed up with the Conservatives by then.

I wasn't aware Hezza was in on that but to be fair to him he recognised after the 80s riots urban regeneration had to happen and did.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Everytime 1 goes we each move up the list to be our turn, especially when younger than me. But then you do not always realise how old people are like Geoffrey Howe.

Geoffrey Howe's death reminds me of just how long ago the Thatcher government ended. When he resigned (1990), my then foster brother had a German exchange student staying, whose English was asa limited as my German. I tried explaining that our equivalent of the German Foreign Minister (Hans-Dietrich Genscher) had resigned. "Genscher has resigned?" he asked me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here