Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy 70th Birthday North Korea

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
'North Korea 'ready to respond' to US as it marks 70th anniversary of ruling party'

stream_img.jpg

The air war might be a bit one sided ........

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How does this country even exist?
Who buys any exports from them?
How do they get raw materials?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One of the last frontiers of global travel, will be fascinating to visit one day when it opens up.......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think you can go on organised tours there. I saw some You Tube videos on it.

Yeah but totally controlled they won't let you out of their sight, you'll never get to see any of the real North Korea

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah but totally controlled they won't let you out of their sight, you'll never get to see any of the real North Korea

Just what I've been agonizing over all day, real N Korea versus bogus N Korea. Its a holiday dilemma, innit?

:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
mustafa has not yet told everyone again what a lovely progressive country it is

must have got his dick caught in Assad or the rotting corpse of Gaddafi/Saddam/Pol Pot

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think you can go on organised tours there. I saw some You Tube videos on it.

Yes, you can. A mate of mine is fascinated with the place, not that he shares the politics, just that it is closed so he is curious. He has been twice and joined a group of westerners in China, then a long train journey to NK, (bring your own loo roll) and tours round what they want you to see. Inevitably everything is tightly controlled and there is a minder if you want to ever leave the one hotel they use for foreigners.Trips can also be cancelled at short notice.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
For North Korea read Corbyns Britain

Lavish luxury and privileges for the leaders; poverty, hardship and sacrifice for the rest.
No free trade unions or strikes allowed.
Opponents denounced as mad or troublemakers.
Media spouts pro-government propaganda, and smears or misrepresents critics.
Loves throwing people in prison (tough on law-and-order, and internal security).
Does not believe in the principle of 'human rights'

Sounds like the sort of country you Tories secretly admire!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
:clap:

Was this from the Tooting Popular Front rally?

Apparently not. After doing extensive research I found out this was the Corbynista fan club (Pyong Yang branch) group photo on a state sanctioned 10 minute break from working 18 hour days toiling in the fields . Might help explain where Labour are getting all the new members from.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Apparently not. After doing extensive research I found out this was the Corbynista fan club (Pyong Yang branch) group photo on a state sanctioned 10 minute break from working 18 hour days toiling in the fields . Might help explain where Labour are getting all the new members from.

This graphic illustrates what TTIP is doing to workers rights...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Why on earth would I be telling anyone that, you peculiar person.

I do like to remind people that this country is extremely and devastatingly poor though. It does make me angry that it is the North Korean people who have spent decades in poverty, at the very least in part due to Western sanctions on the state.
I think the way the world reacts to North Korea is as bizarre as the nation itself. The world should have started working with it again a long time ago - it could literally be lifted out of poverty within 15 years if it did, with human rights and quality of living improving exponentially, similar to what has happened in China.

Now why do you think it is so poor? Might it just be a result of an extreme ideology? And why should the world start working with it? Is not the onus on them to work with the world? There seems precious little evidence that they want to - indeed the defenders of the regime would see their power threatened if the y opened up and the average North Korean saw what standard of living other countries have. Why do you think the communist countries in Eastern Europe restricted contact with the West? I imagine that the world would be only too happy to work with it and yes, it could be lifted out of poverty in 15 years, but who would need to change? It certainly is not Western States.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here