Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Rose, ex-M&S boss, to lead campaign to keep UK in EU

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Cameron is going to come back with nothing. Neither the Tories nor the Labour Party will support it wholeheartedly, canny Scots Nats will vote out and the public like sticking two fingers up to the politicians.

I'm going large on an out vote.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even as an outer I see that as a good appointment. It's going to be one hell of a fight !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well, that should raise Mr Rose's profile, i don't suppose he was the boss of M&S until their profits took a tumble.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even as an outer I see that as a good appointment. It's going to be one hell of a fight !

It seems, and I hope, that there will some effort from both sides to articulate the pros and cons. The Scottish referendum was half-arsed with no one really explaining anything. And when it did get going in last weeks it was nothing but a slew of negativity about what might happen if the Scots left. Quite worrying for something so profound.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'm an Out voter after being an 'In' until the way the elite EU bankers and EU institutions treated Greece. The politicians are not in control of the EU institutions. They are being bribed and controlled by multi-national corporate interests not for the security of the people.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
An "Out" vote would be a massive mistake and we'd be back in before too much longer anyway.

Team IN.
We could continue trading with Europe, as the USA, Canada and Australia do, control our borders and have the final say on who we can deport (thinking of a few high profile cases of convicted criminals who have been allowed to stay here due to their 'right' to a family life). So it's 'IN' from me.

D

Deleted member 22389

Boss of M&S where probably a large percentage of the goods where imported from outside the EU, so cheap goods there.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hope he brings some of that 'not just any old campaign but an M&S campaign' flair with him ....

article-0-17185E45000005DC-419_634x400.jpg

:love:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
De Galle had it right in the first place

NON

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here