Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former famous footballers doing something a bit different these days

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend of mine in Reading had his BMW collected for a service by none other than Neil Webb. This chap played for England 26 times. Now he's collecting cars for service. That's a bit crap isn't it?

Anyone else come across a former footballer doing something a bit crap these days?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
2015-10-09-22-16-08-218920559.jpeg

Not sure he constitutes 'famous'.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A friend of mine in Reading had his BMW collected for a service by none other than Neil Webb. This chap played for England 26 times. Now he's collecting cars for service. That's a bit crap isn't it?

Anyone else come across a former footballer doing something a bit crap these days?

Glenn Hoddle would say that's his punishment for being a barsteward in a previous life

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Is he still married to that annoying bint who used to on Standing Room Only ???

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not sure this counts as a bad thing, but Larry Lloyd of Nottingham Forest European cup winning side is a marshall at Calanova Golf in Spain.

This chap played for England 26 times. Now he's collecting cars for service. That's a bit crap isn't it?
It's not as if he played in the big money era. Few ex-footballers have academic qualifications and they can't all be managers/coaches/pundits. It's not as if he's cleaning toilets! If you think it's a little subservient, then I can't see it's much different to what Mullers is doing at the Amex, and nobody would criticize the great man for that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There a former England International who is a host at Wembley who just goes around chatting to the Corporate groups at big matches played at Wembley. Essentially a social hooker who always seems the worse for wear by the time he gets to the end of the day.

And it's not Gazza, although he does seem to have the perfect CV for that job, if the state of the guy currently in the job is anything to go by

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'll look out for him, I'm playing there next week

Nice course. The 14th is a pig of a par 5 and 15th is short but fun. He is the bloke with the beard who may be the starter or may see you as you go around as he checks you aren't too slow.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
There a former England International who is a host at Wembley who just goes around chatting to the Corporate groups at big matches played at Wembley. Essentially a social hooker who always seems the worse for wear by the time he gets to the end of the day.

And it's not Gazza, although he does seem to have the perfect CV for that job, if the state of the guy currently in the job is anything to go by

Why all the secrecy?

Just name him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Numerous former footballer pundits especially Glenn Hoddle after listening to him drone on negatively while commenting on tonights England game.

That doesn't count as a bit crap in my book. Most football fans drone on negatively about England or their club side for free; former footballers get to do it to a national audience and get paid for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here