Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley looks spectacular tonight...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... with the NFL shield emblazoned across the centre spot.

It certainly doesn't make England look cheap.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There was that, but I was thinking more of the team. I struggle to get enthusiastic about England now. We are not going to be a footballing powerhouse again for a long time. But back then................

True. I wonder whether teenagers look at players like Walcott and Sterling and co as real blokes. The England team then seemed to be real men.

Another werthers ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not bothered about it being a crap game.
After all it's only crap because England have qualified for a major tournament early.
Happy days, it would be churlish to moan about that.

But for The FA to advertise the fact they'd whore the family silver over and above their own sport is ridiculous, but sadly completely unsurprising.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Is it just me or is the electronic advertisement on the side of the pitch getting visually more intrusive?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This is right up there in the pantheons of crapness, Milner as crap as ever, sterling getting nothing out of a Norwegian second division defender and Harry Kane, WTF?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England are below-par but Estonia haven't shown any intent to win the game. Every man behind the ball, no wonder international football is dying on it's arse.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can hear the players talking on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here