Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland and Big Sam.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Their latest manager it seems,

A good fit. It won't be pretty but he will keep them up. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's done well at every club he's managed (bar Newcastle). Sunderland are 4-1 to stay up which I think is excellent odds as he has loads of time to turn it around.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A really good appointment for them. Their last few managers have zero PL managerial experience, so he should be an improvement. He'll keep them up.

The first guy to have managed both them and the Mags.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Sam fails there, they really are f***ed.

It's a tough one, really, as most of me wants Sunderland to crash and burn but I love watching Sam prove the doubters wrong time and time again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll just do a little tidying up by moving this from Klop to here:-

The next permanent Sunderland manager is listed as 3rd or 4th favourite in the 'next manager to leave' betting. :lolol:

Freakin joke club.
Greatest league in the world, my arse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A good fit. It won't be pretty but he will keep them up. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's done well at every club he's managed (bar Newcastle). Sunderland are 4-1 to stay up which I think is excellent odds as he has loads of time to turn it around.

And Bournemouth are 1-4 to stay up, I know where my money would go. Safest bet out there though could be boring..

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Been backed into 7/2 now but still a great bet.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This appointment was destined from the moment Advocaat had to be talked into taking the Sunderland job full-time.

Allardyce will keep them up and this makes it quite likely one of Villa or Newcastle will go down.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Haven't seen any quotes from Big Sam on twitter lately (I'm not on twitter so don't know whether that account is still going ?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love watching Sam prove the doubters wrong time and time again.
Do the doubters think he can't get a team to play hoofball and win? I doubt his ability to create a top level decent team playing a passing style of football, I don't doubt he can do well with Sunderland.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This appointment was destined from the moment Advocaat had to be talked into taking the Sunderland job full-time.

Allardyce will keep them up and this makes it quite likely one of Villa or Newcastle will go down.
If he keeps them up and Newcastle go down they'll build a statue of him.
Might be worth stockpiling brass throughout the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's done well at every club he's managed INCLUDING Newcastle.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Well I am a bit surprised because Big Sam does not need to enhance his reputation as we can see from the responses on here. He is highly thought of despite all the negativity from trolls.
If he keeps them up then he will be a shoe in for the England job when it comes up. May be that's the long term plan?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was out of the frying pan into the fire.

Now from the fire to the inferno.

Not only will they now get relegated but they will wind up in the third tier!

Open question, who is the third team that will go down with Newcastle and Sunderland?

With Brighton and Reading going up and a Fulham v QPR in the play-off Final.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Been backed into 7/2 now but still a great bet.

I think he would be mad to take it. Sam doesn't need the money and he has always said that at this stage in his career he only wants to work with Chairman who are easy to work with but Sunderland seem to sack managers frequently. I think he should hang fire and wait for the Villa job which will be up for grabs again soon.

He managed Newcastle so he would start on minus 5 points with the fans at Sunderland. I don't say that he wouldn't do a good job at Sunderland, just that why would you take the risk

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think he would be mad to take it. Sam doesn't need the money and he has always said that at this stage in his career he only wants to work with Chairman who are easy to work with but Sunderland seem to sack managers frequently. I think he should hang fire and wait for the Villa job which will be up for grabs again soon.

He managed Newcastle so he would start on minus 5 points with the fans at Sunderland. I don't say that he wouldn't do a good job at Sunderland, just that why would you take the risk

He was appointed about six o'clock yesterday evening.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is just the type of manager they require, will keep them up which is the only requirement then re-build a team for next season.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for little Liam......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here