Brighton Comedy Festival 2015

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V wants to see some acts but frankly, other than a small few, Boyle, Herring and Hall, there really isn't much to attract me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would have liked to see James Acaster and Joe Lycett but they are both sold out, surprised you can still get tickets for Boyle and O'Brien!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why is Phill Jupitus' face on the website for a Comedy festival? I struggle to see the connection...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
77353424_labour-co_3454755b.jpg

I thought it had already come and gone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why is Phill Jupitus' face on the website for a Comedy festival? I struggle to see the connection...

Indeed, an underwhelming sight.

Jul 7, 2003

He performed last night as 'Porky The Poet' which is how he started out back in the 80's. Surprisingly, he had a couple of entertaining poems (not usually my thing) - one about Jeremy Clarkson f***ing cars and another called Why Do I Fancy Theresa May.

A good mix of acts last night for a good cause. Simon Evans was as good as ever in his role as compere, James Acaster and Sean Walsh were very good as were a couple of new acts - Elliot Steel (Mark's lad) and an Irish comedian called Andrew Ryan. Suzi Ruffell needs to find a new act as her 'look at me, I'm a lesbian' is wearing thin. Tom Allen was okay but needs more material. Another local act, Phil Jerrod, wasn't up to much.

We have been spoilt in the last few years with some of the popular names in comedy at the gala (Michael MacIntyre - whatever you may think of him, Kevin Bridges and Alan Carr) but most of them were already out on tour so Off The Kerb who provide the acts still managed a decent mix for the evening,

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seeing Dara Obrien on Wednesday

Tried to get tickets for Bill Bailey but the box office at the brighton centre was shut...will try again on Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here