Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flightradar 24

theboybilly

Hi,

I know that there are some regular users of Flight Radar sites and the like on here; would one of you experienced users mind doing me a favour to put my mind at rest please?

Thanks.

I've just recently installed it on my Galaxy Note 3. I've been using it today to monitor the progress of my 'other 'half's' flight to Singapore (en route to the Philipines)
She's somewhere over Russia now

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
what a relief

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Similar thing happened to me once. A flight I was following instantaneously shifted it's position in time and space, like a quark. Pressed F5 and it went back to normal, thankfully for the laws of quantum physics.

Flex Your Head

Did the plane you were following disappear?

No, it showed this.

Flight.JPG

The only time I've ever looked at a tracking site like this is when someone posted a link on here when the German plane was deliberately crashed in the Alps earlier this year. I feared something similar had happened.

Fortunately, [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] sent me a link to another tracking site which showed everything as it should be, but for (a very long) 40 minutes or so, I genuinely feared the worst. I'm at home with my 3 year old and his mum's on that plane. It was tense :blush:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, it showed this.

View attachment 69112

The only time I've ever looked at a tracking site like this is when someone posted a link on here when the German plane was deliberately crashed in the Alps earlier this year. I feared something similar had happened.

Fortunately, [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] sent me a link to another tracking site which showed everything as it should be, but for (a very long) 40 minutes or so, I genuinely feared the worst. I'm at home with my 3 year old and his mum's on that plane. It was tense :blush:

Altitude 0 feet and Speed 9 KTS is a little worrying, I know what you were feeling :)

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Flights disappear over larger expanses of open ocean because FR uses land-based radar for the tracking. Nothing to be concerned over.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For those interested in these things, plus anyone who wants to see the real evacuation scale, check flightradar24 between Dubai and Kabul. At any one time I can see 10 C-15's and C-17's.
Right now a convoy of a USAF C-17A call sign Moose65, an RAF C-17A call sign XXXXXX, followed by a USAF C-17A call sign Moose59, a UASF C-17A call sign RCH893, an RAF Airbus A400M call sign NAG91XT, a USAF C-17A call sign RCH671, a USAF C-17A call sign RCH638 and a USAF C-17A call sign Moose58 are heading into Kabul. They do go off radar once in Afghanistan so check over Pakistan and the Gulf of Oman
Checking the history of each plane they seem to be doing three flights out each day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here