Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well there are actually TWO

One at Tobacco Dock that IS cancelled and one at Millwall Park which isnt.

I know this as I am off to the Millwall Park one in about an hrs time!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Contary to your thread title the one called London Oktoberfest isnt cancelled.

The one call Oktoberfest London is.........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
How embarrassing. Reminds me of one of those shit winter wonderland where you are promised a taste of lapland and in reality it's a disused farm that has been spray painted white.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How embarrassing. Reminds me of one of those shit winter wonderland where you are promised a taste of lapland and in reality it's a disused farm that has been spray painted white.

Someone dig that out again please. Still makes me laugh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an almighty f-up. You sell x number of tickets for the venue, so HOW can you end up totally overrun by the numbers turning up ?? Shirley safety certificates etc have to be granted well in advance confirming the maximum capacity.

Some weapons-grade BUFFOONERY there from the "organisers".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What an almighty f-up. You sell x number of tickets for the venue, so HOW can you end up totally overrun by the numbers turning up

very good question, and i reckon give us the answer: they've over booked. had our work ents committee asking if anyone wanted to go only at the beginning of the week, pretty sure its usually booked up well in advance.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What an almighty f-up. You sell x number of tickets for the venue, so HOW can you end up totally overrun by the numbers turning up ?? Shirley safety certificates etc have to be granted well in advance confirming the maximum capacity.

Some weapons-grade BUFFOONERY there from the "organisers".

Just two security staff will definitely be a breach of their licence. One security person to one hundred punters is the norm. I don't really understand how they got it this badly wrong, it is pretty simple stuff. Room holds x amount, that requires x divided by100 security. x divided by 50ish for bar staff, same again for waiters. Couple of floor managers/maitre d's and a big boss. Seems pretty simple to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone dig that out again please. Still makes me laugh.

It was hilarious, Santa having a fag with an elf behind some shit shed grotto thing. Genius.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just two security staff will definitely be a breach of their licence. One security person to one hundred punters is the norm. I don't really understand how they got it this badly wrong, it is pretty simple stuff. Room holds x amount, that requires x divided by100 security. x divided by 50ish for bar staff, same again for waiters. Couple of floor managers/maitre d's and a big boss. Seems pretty simple to me.

Indeed.

I think we can officially say that they quite literally could not organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think you can say poor British management versus German efficiency. The Great British Beer Festival has been going for about 40 years and manages to cope with 1000s of pissed-up punters every August. This is just a company looking for a fast buck - what's the betting that it goes bust before the refunds are sent out?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I nearly bought tickets for this but left it too late, quite happy now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here