Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett to Bristol City loan

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like Elliott Bennett very much indeed, but I wish him an absolute stinker at the Amex later this month.

Though it's only a loan, he's the first decent player to actually take the plunge and sign for City. They've had an absolutely dismal transfer window this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I typed that before I spotted that they'd signed Simon Cox on loan too. They should slowly improve with those signings, though their defence is still going to struggle, I think.

Unrelated: they just loaned El Abd out to Swindon until January.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I typed that before I spotted that they'd signed Simon Cox on loan too. They should slowly improve with those signings, though their defence is still going to struggle, I think.

Yes, they're building up nicely to start their winning run at The Amex in the near future!

Shame things haven't gone so well for AEA since he left us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good for him, and I hope he does well.
I'm also glad that it might quosh Bennett to Brighton rumours. For three months at least.

Should do. Although having KLL, Murphy, March, Elvis and Rosenior all fighting for 2 wing positions should've been enough to do that!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I wonder whether his excellent season and a half with us will prove to be a highlight in an otherwise mediocre career. A la Steve Penney

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good luck to him (except against us, obviously) but there is no way he would have got in front of Kaz, Murphy, Rosenior and the newly re-vitalised Solly

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

:lolol: Bristol City have signed Simon Cox and Elliot Bennett and loaned El-Abd to Swindon.

It almost makes me wish I hadn't burnt a certain bridge so I can laugh about pretty much all of that. Simon Cox is a quality striker, I'm disappointed we didn't get him in - he'd be scoring the goals that Baldock isn't and his work rate is on a par at worst. Elliott Bennett is a much better player than LuaLua ever will be, and better than March is right now so I'm disappointed we wouldn't get him back in but Rosenior's form is the reason why not and that's fair enough by me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:lolol: Bristol City have signed Simon Cox and Elliot Bennett and loaned El-Abd to Swindon.

It almost makes me wish I hadn't burnt a certain bridge so I can laugh about pretty much all of that. Simon Cox is a quality striker, I'm disappointed we didn't get him in - he'd be scoring the goals that Baldock isn't and his work rate is on a par at worst. Elliott Bennett is a much better player than LuaLua ever will be, and better than March is right now so I'm disappointed we wouldn't get him back in but Rosenior's form is the reason why not and that's fair enough by me.

Somebody talking sense that is not permitted. Both would have been good loan signings to complement what we already have.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A la Dale Jasper too! [emoji1] I'll get my coat then...

Not sure Dale had a good season and a half - maybe a good half a game once, somewhere, ages ago

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not sure Dale had a good season and a half - maybe a good half a game once, somewhere, ages ago
I enjoyed the period when he was playing because you genuinely felt most clubs had a fair chance of promotion, and Premiership money did not come into it. Also felt closer to the club, and you could see players arriving/leaving the ground at lunchtime. Ah well...

But yes, DJ did not set the world alight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here