Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves game moved from Jan 2 to New Year's Day for TV

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So with Burnley, QPR, Boro and now Wolves, that's four times in the space of six weeks, we'll be televised (four games out of nine).

This must be absolutely unprecendented.

Apart from people being screwed getting home from Burnley on a Sunday, the changes don't seem too inconvenient, either, and of course its all CASH in the playing budget.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So with Burnley, QPR, Boro and now Wolves, that's four times in the space of six weeks, we'll be televised (four games out of nine).

This must be absolutely unprecendented.

Apart from people being screwed getting home from Burnley on a Sunday, the changes don't seem too inconvenient, either, and of course its all CASH in the playing budget.

We will be on as often as Leeds are before long.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

How much do we get for each one? More specifically, what would four games mean for a signing bonus for Calleri?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How much do we get for each one? More specifically, what would four games mean for a signing bonus for Calleri?

I think it's £65K, but not absolutely sure.

Funnily enough, moving it to the 2nd, means that it's on a Saturday now.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think it's £65K, but not absolutely sure.

Funnily enough, moving it to the 2nd, means that it's on a Saturday now.

I think it's £80k - I actually talked to our CEO about TV games a few months ago, generally feel is clubs actually lose out on the day due to additional costs and fewer people turning up. Clubs do have a choice in the games, but it apparently doesn't go down well if you say no......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's £80k - I actually talked to our CEO about TV games a few months ago, generally feel is clubs actually lose out on the day due to additional costs and fewer people turning up. Clubs do have a choice in the games, but it apparently doesn't go down well if you say no......

As away teams in the league get no revenue (bar a very small admin fee for selling tickets in advance), there's nothing they can really lose out on, financially, when a game is televised. It's all positive.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

That figure is for the home team - the away teams gets a lot less IIRC.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger. Even though I can't stand NYE, I always end up with a massive hangover on New Years Day. Now I've got to get up, get out the house and go to football instead of wallowing in self pity processing a hangover in the confines of my bedroom :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bugger. Even though I can't stand NYE, I always end up with a massive hangover on New Years Day. Now I've got to get up, get out the house and go to football instead of wallowing in self pity processing a hangover in the confines of my bedroom :down:

No you don't - you can stay at home and watch it on Sky / a dodgy stream. Hope this helps.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No you don't - you can stay at home and watch it on Sky / a dodgy stream. Hope this helps.

Depending on how bad the hangover actually is, that may well be a seriously considered alternative. I'm really not very good with hangovers. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here