Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Bet Stan Boardman is gutted

image.jpg

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
£8M for Klopp and co - what a waste of money.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He is a tough but fair manager, doesn't take any crap from anyone...

No shitting on the Klopp!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
£8M for Klopp and co - what a waste of money.

Really? In footballing terms, £8,000,000 seems a utter bargain for a manager of Klopps ability who has already proven he can rebuild a big team going through a bad spell. I'd go as far as saying Liverpool couldn't have done better than Klopp.

He's also got a remarkable eye for a player. Lewandowski for less than £5,000,000. Kagawa for less than 1M, Hummels for 3M. If he's been given more of a say then Rodgers was when it comes to transfers I reckon he'll make Liverpool a force in the next few years.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... If he's been given more of a say then Rodgers was when it comes to transfers I reckon he'll make Liverpool a force in the next few years.

well there's the big question isnt it. if Rodgers had more say, he'd probably have done better too. they've brought in a couple of good players, but no where near enough to justify the expense.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
well there's the big question isnt it. if Rodgers had more say, he'd probably have done better too. they've brought in a couple of good players, but no where near enough to justify the expense.

The talk in the papers was he said he'd only take the role if he was given final say on transfers. Obviously it could be the usual bollocks printed in the press so pinch of salt, and all that but if true he'll do very well there IMO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? In footballing terms, £8,000,000 seems a utter bargain for a manager of Klopps ability who has already proven he can rebuild a big team going through a bad spell. I'd go as far as saying Liverpool couldn't have done better than Klopp.

He's also got a remarkable eye for a player. Lewandowski for less than £5,000,000. Kagawa for less than 1M, Hummels for 3M. If he's been given more of a say then Rodgers was when it comes to transfers I reckon he'll make Liverpool a force in the next few years.

You get longer with them at smaller clubs though. Lewandowski a case in point, 9 goals in 43 appearances in his first season at Dortmund. They were patient enough and he came very good, but in the top premier league clubs, would he get that chance to settle in?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You get longer with them at smaller clubs though. Lewandowski a case in point, 9 goals in 43 appearances in his first season at Dortmund. They were patient enough and he came very good, but in the top premier league clubs, would he get that chance to settle in?

Lets not forget that Dortmund were/are one of the biggest clubs in Germany, arguably 2nd behind Bayern. In many ways they're the Liverpool of Germany. Will the scousers be patient enough to give him a chance? Who knows. But he took Dortmund from 13th to 6th, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd before a poor season last year. I'm by no means a Liverpool fan so I'm going to leave this thread before I'm inevitable labeled one but I do think this is a brilliant appointment all things considered.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
something which seems to have been missed (or perhaps I have missed it) is that Klopp plays a very high tempo game which requires very high levels of fitness. He used to use the mid winter break in Germany to rest and recoup. You don't get that here, in fact it's the opposite.

It's a very interesting appointment, unsure how successful it will be though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately, I think he'll probably be quite good. He's a manager that the likes of Man United and Chelsea would easily go for if they had a vacancy. I can't help thinking that his availability made it easier for Liverpool to bin off Rodgers: it was a case of getting him in before any other clubs of similar stature found themselves needing his services. Had he not been free, perhaps the Liverpool board might have given Rodgers a little longer.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It will be interesting how he goes about transforming them mid season. He likes his small attacking midfielders I could see someone like Lallana thriving under him. Henderson I'm not so sure as normally Klopp favours a fast transition.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting how he goes about transforming them mid season. He likes his small attacking midfielders I could see someone like Lallana thriving under him. Henderson I'm not so sure as normally Klopp favours a fast transition.

Maybe there's hope for Joe Allen then. Much as I can't stand Liverpool, Henderson could become a very important player for England if he continues his upward trajectory, so I kind of hope he does fit into Klopp's plans.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
i have a crush on mr klopp.... mantotty at last in the prem..mmmm

My wife immediately said "he's a bit dishy".

Mind you, she's a Saints STH, so she clearly has no taste.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think (and hope) he does well at Liverpool. I am not a great Liverpool fan, but like Jurgen Klopp.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here