Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lennon

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I vividly remember the day he was shot. At work with a whole group of colleagues almost in shock. A real "I remember what I was doing when JFK died" moment.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I vividly remember the day he was shot. At work with a whole group of colleagues almost in shock. A real "I remember what I was doing when JFK died" moment.

He was shot overnight and I still remember my Mum coming into my bedroom in the morning and telling me. You're right David it is the JFK moment for a certain generation, sadly since then we've had a few more, Di, 9/11 and most recently the Shoreham air crash.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Indeed it is/was a tragic waste. I do wonder though if he'd have just become another sad has-been pop artist like his mate Paul if he had lived.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
A real hero of mine. A Beatles day for me today along with his solo stuff.

NONE involving that wailing Japanese Div though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Indeed it is/was a tragic waste. I do wonder though if he'd have just become another sad has-been pop artist like his mate Paul if he had lived.

I've always wondered if Buddy Holly or Marc Bolan would have ended up playing at Butlins on the nostalgia weekends had they lived.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I remember the news breaking on the radio as we drove back from seeing Queen at Wembley and being absolutely stunned by it. He'd just started to write some decent stuff again. Very sad.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Imagine what he would have achieved if he were still here.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I bought him and paul a pint in hamburg as they were broke in early 1960,six months later,they were on the radio as the beatles...if i only knew how famous they were to become i would have got their autographs as well.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I bought him and paul a pint in hamburg as they were broke in early 1960,six months later,they were on the radio as the beatles...if i only knew how famous they were to become i would have got their autographs as well.

As a Bealtes fan that's a cool anecdote.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes. Nice guy.

Not sure his first wife and son would agree. (Was Imagine a masterpiece or cliched and derivative drivel? The former presumably, given all the famous people who say how brilliant it was, thus making me realise that I know nothing about pop music.)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I don't think he would have done. he always seemed to have more "attitude". I think he might have been more experimental or hard-edged rather than always having the danger of lapsing in to inane drivel.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not sure his first wife and son would agree. (Was Imagine a masterpiece or cliched and derivative drivel? The former presumably, given all the famous people who say how brilliant it was, thus making me realise that I know nothing about pop music.)

I'm with you, as I think it is sentimental claptrap. Famous people say what they think others want to hear.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I'm with you, as I think it is sentimental claptrap. Famous people say what they think others want to hear.

I'm not a fan.

I think he was a bit of a douche to be honest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here