Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the bike haters..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pathetic thread title but i've come to expect that from you. The bloke in question is a dick for attempting to beat the barrier. Got nothing to do with him riding a bike or not.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
'The cyclist was not hurt in the incident, British Transport Police said.'

Oh I disagree, (not seriously maybe) and I hope it hurt for a few days, idiot!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The point of a lot of these threads, isn't cyclists or van drivers, or what have you, it is that a certain percentage of human beings are complete idiots, ****wits if you like.

It's why we have to have so many laws, most of us don't need them, but because of the fucwits, we need them...smoking in the car with kids in for example, fucwits that do that so much that we need a law to stop them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lol that has already made my day!!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Pathetic thread title but i've come to expect that from you. The bloke in question is a dick for attempting to beat the barrier. Got nothing to do with him riding a bike or not.

I don't know if he was attempting to beat the barrier. It looks as though he just didn't notice it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't know if he was attempting to beat the barrier. It looks as though he just didn't notice it.

Flashing lights and the nee-naah going off ? Coming up to a railway crossing you'd have to be some kind of cretin not to notice that.

Got exactly what he deserved. No serious injury, but a nasty clump, and worldwide exposure on his complete twattery. I hope the train ran over his bike as well.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'm always amazed at the number of people who jump level crossings, I'd never do it as I'm both too scared that I'd get hit and too scared that I'd get caught. What can be so important that you can't wait 2-5 minutes? Hope the bloke hurt himself and now realises that it could have been a whole lot worse.

I pass two level crossings on my way home and you will always get 2 or 3 drivers still crossing on red. I presume that there is CCTV and that fines are sent out?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ha ha.

I have done that myself. We used to live near a level crossing in south-west London and I can assure you all that the lights on a level crossing are a signal for locals to speed up - pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers. Only non-locals actually stop when the lights start flashing.

I was on my way to training and when the lights started I was a long way out and peddled like mad (I was young and fit) and went for it - the far gate actually brushed my bag on my back as I went past. Unfortunately there was a police car in the queue the other side. He reminded me the lights were a signal to stop not accelerate. Of course after that I was a changed man.

Not.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Flashing lights and the nee-naah going off ? Coming up to a railway crossing you'd have to be some kind of cretin not to notice that.

Got exactly what he deserved. No serious injury, but a nasty clump, and worldwide exposure on his complete twattery. I hope the train ran over his bike as well.

You ought to see people driving through the middle of Hurstpierpoint. Give way markings, road signs, bus coming towards them. They don't notice the lot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You ought to see people driving through the middle of Hurstpierpoint. Give way markings, road signs, bus coming towards them. They don't notice the lot.

That's just good old-fashioned rudeness mixed with impatience though, not as dangerous as playing chicken with a level crossing.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Pathetic thread heading by the way. Why hate ? A cyclist could be you, member of your family, a friend, acquaintance, or work-colleague.

Appearing edgy to try and be a cool kid would be my guess.

Failing that, attention seeking, which has at least worked...plus, the video did get a grin.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That's just good old-fashioned rudeness mixed with impatience though, not as dangerous as playing chicken with a level crossing.

Yep, when it comes to betting on the outcome of a collision between a squishy sack of meat and bones on a lightweight alloy frame... and several hundred tonnes of train... well, I know where my money is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To balance it out lets see what having hundreds, possibly thousands, of cars off the road looks like:-

Plus giving one of our morons the opportunity to make a cyclists/traffic lights generalisation.
Oh happy days.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So the barrier was unharmed and there was no sound on the video. So this was a failed attempt at breaking the sound barrier! Boom boom!😃

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here