Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time - official thread

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A pretty uninspiring line-up tonight:

Employment Minister Priti Patel MP, Leader of the Liberal Democrats Tim Farron MP, Deputy Leader of the SNP Stewart Hosie MP, Shadow Energy Secretary Lisa Nandy MP and Times columnist Melanie Phillips.

Hopefully the studio will chant "Whooo?" after each name as Dimbleby introduces them at the top of the programme.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm sure Timbo will wipe the floor with the rest of them as he starts the Lib Dem march back to power...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION], dull as dishwater.

In desperate need of a Galloway, Self or Starkey ("did I mention I'm GAY ?") to liven things up a bit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Employment Minister Priti Patel MP, - "Party line security blah blah, I come from a family of immigrants ...etc, we are one nation Tories all lovely and cuddly now" Look serious and sexy :love:

Leader of the Liberal Democrats Tim Farron MP, - "We are the only sensible opposition to the Tories, fightback has begun blah blah delusional nonsense"

Deputy Leader of the SNP Stewart Hosie MP, - Blame the F*****G English for everything, We want another referendum

Shadow Energy Secretary Lisa Nandy MP - " Although I and most of the Shadow cabinet and my fellow MP's can't stand Jeremy we are 100% behind him and stop being nasty to him, please don't ask me about Trident "

Times columnist Melanie Phillips.- " All politicians are useless, the public are stupid, I should be running the country"

Audience - Usual suspects clapping for simplistic, populist solutions

.................................... :shootself

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Employment Minister Priti Patel MP, - "Party line security blah blah, I come from a family of immigrants ...etc, we are one nation Tories all lovely and cuddly now" Look serious and sexy :love:

Leader of the Liberal Democrats Tim Farron MP, - "We are the only sensible opposition to the Tories, fightback has begun blah blah delusional nonsense"

Deputy Leader of the SNP Stewart Hosie MP, - Blame the F*****G English for everything, We want another referendum

Shadow Energy Secretary Lisa Nandy MP - " Although I and most of the Shadow cabinet and my fellow MP's can't stand Jeremy we are 100% behind him and stop being nasty to him, please don't ask me about Trident "

Times columnist Melanie Phillips.- " All politicians are useless, the public are stupid, I should be running the country"

Audience - Usual suspects clapping for simplistic, populist solutions

.................................... :shootself

Thanks for the heads up, off to bed then...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I know it is hardly the BBC's fault as they are at the mercy of who the parties choose to put up, but that really is a shocker tonight. The end of conference season has highlighted some interesting ideological divides between the Conservatives and Labour and we end up with two of their political pygmies to trash it it out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The big one has just kicked off, here we go

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts on tonight - Tim Farron clear, concise and could pick up a lot of Labour voters. Melanie Phillips had one of her better outings, the Jock a pompous ****, the Tory and Labour women annoying apparatchiks. Generally a dull episode.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
John Piennaar the Political Correspondent on Radio 5 Live seems to enjoy joining in with the Labour bashing but seems to want to defend the Tories when the boot's on the other foot. I've noticed it over the last few years. Initially I wondered if it was just my imagination but over time I think it is actually a fair observation and he's starting to get on my nerves.
For example, tonight he suggested that JC might have to stand down over the nuclear defence issue. Should for example the Swedish PM resign?

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
For example, tonight he suggested that JC might have to stand down over the nuclear defence issue. Should for example the Swedish PM resign?

If the Swedish PM had the clear majority of the cabinet and parliamentary party who completely disagreed with him/her on a central issue of national security a truly principled man may well consider their position.

If the PM then stated he wanted an open and democratic debate on that issue and then completely undermined that debate by saying I would never press the button that PM should consider resigning for stupidity/incompetence reasons.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
first dates channel 4 at the same time
far more entertaining

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here