Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent legal advice needed

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Hello NSC

I have let someone move in to my static caravan from 29/8 until the end of the year but they have now stopped paying rent.

They signed an agreement agreeing to pay rent weekly in advance and know they have to be out when the park closes on 3rd January.

Do they have any rights or can I just kick them out? They currently owe £900.

He says he will move out for £300 cash.

Any help will be appreciated.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I sympathise with you. If it were me I would employ the Hoogstraten method. Sounds like a real charming chancer that gives every decent private renter a stigmatism that is very underserved. He/she need their arses kicked. I know it's not legal but, jeez doesn't it make you want to go that route!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
but does it matter that it is a holiday caravan and he has to leave at the end of the season?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You have to pay him £300 to go or the other way round?
I would take his £300 then call the mafia Sussex Division to size him up for some cement boots.
You think I' m joking don't you :moo:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
the little s**t rented it as a holiday caravan last year so had no reason to expect this mess. Looks like it might be less aggro to leave him in there until the park kick him out after christmas.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'd let the council know he's living there and liable to pay council tax and backdated, first round to you.
I have a static in Hastings but don't let it out. It's my weekend retreat

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If he goes out to work, go round and change the locks. Surely the site owners could give you some help and advice. Good luck.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Also, I'd speak to the site owners and tell them the situation and get them to stop all utility supplies into the van, water gas and electric

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Hi Moggy and Andy, I will be speaking to him again tomorrow night then seeing the park on Saturday.

Worried that 'cutting him off' would give him a stronger position, also he might get vindictive.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
It's the best way as the park will hold you responsible for him being there on the parks closing date if he's paying you or not , you can legally get him out as he signed but that will take time and money

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
I know the council would advise him to stay there until you temove him , which I believe is a farster process now , but chucking him out will not give him time to damage you property

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here