Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARCH TARGETING MORE ENGLAND ACTION

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
solly-l229-2723728_478x359.jpg

Solly March may be donning an England strip at the Amex along with Jake Forster-Caskey and Christian Walton.
Image by: The FA

PUBLISHED
11:01 8th October 2015
by Richard Morris
I’ve definitely got to score more goals"
Solly March
Solly March links up with England Under-21s today hoping he can build on his encouraging performance last time out for Brighton & Hove Albion and secure a place in the national team.March ran Dale Stephens close as Albion’s man of the match in the home draw with Cardiff City and is determined to force his way into Gareth Southgate’s thinking for the European qualifier against Kazakhstan next Tuesday.
The winger was certainly in an optimistic mood ahead of meeting up with Southgate and the rest of the squad today.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There are some great players there [in the England squad].
“Everyone is young and everyone is still learning. The standard is good and there are some Premier League players who start regularly, but I think I hold my own and it is a confidence builder to be involved.”
March, who is joined in the squad by Albion team-mates Jake Forster-Caskey and Christian Walton, tormented Bluebirds full-back Fabio during Brighton’s 1-1 draw in the last game before the international break and visibly grew in confidence as the game went on.
He very nearly supplied the winning goal that his team’s endeavour deserved, seeing a late shot cleared as it arrowed toward the far corner. A delightful chip in a friendly appearance for England last month went agonisingly as close – this time hitting the post.
But while March is goalless this campaign he plans on rectifying that in the near future.
“That is something I need to add,” he said. “I’d like to get five or six goals this season, maybe more. I’ve definitely got to score more goals.”
His immediate attention though now shifts to England – and selection.
“If I train well hopefully I can get game time, you never know.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here