Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Me and technology

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a 4th dimension I pod which I dropped into a bowl of water so now doesnt work. I bought an MP3 on ebay but I dont like it as it has no shuttle and always starts at track 1.
My choice:

1.Take old one to Apple shop in Churchill Sq for repair
2. Buy another one on E bay
3. Buy a better MP3 player.

I only use it for music on holiday.

Brother in law paid £20 for a broken one and then Apple repaired it for £40 so he actually got a 150gb refurbished one for £60. Do you have to load an I pod via I tunes or can you do it via copy and paste? Any help would be appreciated.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Technology and I*
Just kidding BG.

Have you considered a 3rd or 4th Gen iPod Shuffle?

I'd also be interested to see what a 4th Dimension iPod looks like. :jester:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely a 4th dimension I pod can travel through time. If you have some sort of recall facility it could return to you from before you dropped it in the water ? ???

:rock:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Does it now only play Handel's Water Music?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry said about me and technology it is if course 4th generation not dimension just wondered if they could and would repair it.

I very much doubt it is worth getting Apple to repair it as it will almost certainly be properly fubbared form water damage. I went swimming with my iphone this summer and tried the sealed container of rice etc but to no avail.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Similarly my son inadvertently walked into the sea with an ipod in his pocket. Did get it looked at but was told in 95% of cases if they've been fully immersed in water they've had it.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I believe that all Apple iPods have to be loaded via iTunes but I may well be wrong.
Just that I've never tried loading them through anything else.
Have a look on the Ipod help pages on iTunes

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Does it now only play Underwater Love by Smoke City?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I lost my iPod Touch on a drunken night out in Worthing earlier this year (cue ERNEST). So I picked up an iPod Nano in Cash Converters a few days later (I didn't really need another Touch any more, being as I originally got that Touch before I had a smartphone). Anyway, the Nano was in there for £40, I bartered it down to £35 AND got a charger thrown in for free. Connected it to iTunes on my lappy, got all my songs back, jobs a goodun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here