Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your cats/ dogs called, please?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looking for inspiration. No prospective pet of mine is getting some stupid animal name like Rover or Tibbles or Sooty etc. I need a proper name (and possibly a laugh in the process). Please assist. Thanks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three cats, ever.

When I was a kid we had one called Dylan, after the character in The Magic Roundabout

Then as a teenager we had Harley (very loud purr, like an idling motorbike engine)

Then another one, called CAT. We argued for weeks over a name, by which time it answered to CAT, so it seemed unfair on the creature, to change it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You want my passwords?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly Lionel is no longer with us :down:

Attachments

• Albion red scarf 009.jpg
    Albion red scarf 009.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 475

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he die swallowing a scarf?
There's nothing that dog wouldn't eat, no matter what end it came from, :sick: although usually he preferred to kill his own prey.
But I think even he would have drawn the line at a scarf.

SAC

May 21, 2014
My cat is black and white so was named Jess (of Postman Pat fame). Our last cat was named Otis when we thought it was a tom but we didn't bother to change it after the vet informed us otherwise.

Old peoples names, not unlike Edna, are always good for pets. Religious names can work, lost your dog and tell people that you are looking for Jesus?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Girl cat officially called Francesca on vets notes, but we never called her by that name, just Frankie.

It's a bit of a theme

We had an Erica (Eric) and a Charlotte (Charlie).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had a cat called Floyd - was going through a Pink Floyd stage at the time, and it suits him perfectly - long hair, never moves, appears perpetually stoned.

Now have a cat called Pushkin, I liked the idea of my cat being Russian - named after a famous poet, and an animation about a lost cat. Don't really know why.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Then as a teenager we had Harley (very loud purr, like an idling motorbike engine)

Let me guess: ginger cat, cost a lot to maintain, spent his days sitting around looking pretty but achieving bugger all?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let me guess: ginger cat, cost a lot to maintain, spent his days sitting around looking pretty but achieving bugger all?

I see what you did there, but this one was around the era of Mark Farrington, and was actually a small black and white job, not unlike that Felix fella off of the TV adverts.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmm, some lovely names here. I can't help thinking pets deserve proper names, however, so I'm leaning towards something like Titus Andronicus, or Ho Chi Minh, or Richie McCaw. Or Danny Wilson :love:

Keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Cat called Dexter, named after the serial killer from the TV show, his claws allow him to live up to that name, he hates me loves the missus...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here