Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Privy Council Meeting.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Corbyn unable to attend due to 'prior commitments', although what these maybe is unknown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34471813

Much as I am enjoying watching JC make an arse of himself, I am worried that he is doing such a magnificent job of it that he will not be around come the next election.

Come on Jezza, pull yourself together!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm prepared to be OUTRAGED by the most sickening revelation yet in respect of this subhuman communist dictator. Bring it on - I'm going to check this out.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm prepared to be OUTRAGED by the most sickening revelation yet in respect of this subhuman communist dictator. Bring it on - I'm going to check this out.....

I think the description of 'clown' would be more appropriate :lol:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Corbyn unable to attend due to 'prior commitments', although what these maybe is unknown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34471813

Much as I am enjoying watching JC make an arse of himself, I am worried that he is doing such a magnificent job of it that he will not be around come the next election.

Come on Jezza, pull yourself together!

Labour said it was not a snub and pointed out David Cameron took three months to be sworn in to the council. I say hang DC for being a Commie pig dog Queen hating pinko scum.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Storm-in-a-tea-cup.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think the description of 'clown' would be more appropriate :lol:

Well, I've had a read and I'm a little disappointed - if he really has set up a 'private apppointment' just in order to avoid an embarrassing scene, then that seems a little unlike him - doesn't seem to be his style. However, his beliefs will put him in some awkward situations and there will be more of this kinds of thing. I think it's hard to be principled if you're a politician when those principles are not shared by a significant proportion of the population - you are open to ridicule, but, if he sticks to his guns, he will win some respect. God, I'm even boring MYSELF here.....anyone looking forward to the Leeds match? ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He really is hitting a nerve, isn't he? Yet another extraordinarily petty overreaction over nothing much at all.

In all honesty, I hadn't previously really thought of him as that credible a major contender. But these daily rather shrill, frantic and desperate attacks on him from the right suggest that he must be. Fascinating to see.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Cameron didn't swear in at Privy for 3 months according to the BBC. Fuss about nothing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Labour said it was not a snub and pointed out David Cameron took three months to be sworn in to the council. I say hang DC for being a Commie pig dog Queen hating pinko scum.

there wasn't a meeting for 2 months and then paternity clashed. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cameron-take-three-months-to-be-a6686096.html

its not a massive deal, except that its part of the job as leader of the opposition. Corbyn is doing this on principled grounds, he is a stated republican so fair play to that. how this would affect his ability to be a Prime Minister in a constitutional monarchy should be a question his supporters are asking.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
there wasn't a meeting for 2 months and then paternity clashed. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cameron-take-three-months-to-be-a6686096.html

its not a massive deal, except that its part of the job as leader of the opposition. Corbyn is doing this on principled grounds, he is a stated republican so fair play to that. how this would affect his ability to be a Prime Minister in a constitutional monarchy should be a question his supporters are asking.

Well, quite. Interesting snippet from the Guardian:

"In practice it is possible, and frequent, for members of the privy council to be appointed without meeting the monarch through a device known as an Order in Council, but is rare for a party leader to use such a course.

Corbyn’s office said that he had a prior engagement but declined to say how much notice had been given to Buckingham Palace, or reveal the nature of the private engagement that meant he was unable to meet the Queen."

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/oct/08/jeremy-corbyn-rejects-formal-privy-council-induction-by-queen

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Cameron didn't swear in at Privy for 3 months according to the BBC. Fuss about nothing.

This is key to me, if I cared.

Is this such a revelation or have previous opposition party leaders missed or postponed their attendance to this, if however this is a snub I would begin to find his stance on everything Royal to be a little tedious.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
So 600 members, and only a handfull ever attend?

Could it be HM isn't getting the right biscuits in for tea/coffee at the meeting?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thank goodness that we now have the all-caring all-sharing All-New Tory party to welcome us to their bosom as a safe haven from the vile anti-British traitor Corbyn. :moo:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Lets hope he is otherwise engaged for as long as possible. The further that man stays away from possible access to national security briefings the better.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is key to me, if I cared.

Is this such a revelation or have previous opposition party leaders missed or postponed their attendance to this, if however this is a snub I would begin to find his stance on everything Royal to be a little tedious.

According to this list, eight of the current batch of ministers "snubbed" their first Privy Council meeting - and that doesn't include CMD, who did have an excuse.

I agree with MoH, they must be really terrified of him to come up with this rubbish

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
According to this list, eight of the current batch of ministers "snubbed" their first Privy Council meeting - and that doesn't include CMD, who did have an excuse.

I agree with MoH, they must be really terrified of him to come up with this rubbish

tories spend more time (especially on here) talking about JC than they do about DC
terrified of something thats for sure:facepalm:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
tories spend more time (especially on here) talking about JC than they do about DC
terrified of something thats for sure:facepalm:

I think you might find that the same is true for Labour supporters who talk far more about DC and the Tories than they do about their own party . Look back and you will see - a few on this page - so would it be fair to say that you are terrified of the Tories, by your logic?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
FFS. Politician doesn't meet with ageing unelected head of state to go through some archaic pointless ceremony.

Criticise his policies and beliefs by all means but this kind of stuff is just pathetic in a so called modern thinking democracy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
FFS. Politician doesn't meet with ageing unelected head of state to go through some archaic pointless ceremony.

Criticise his policies and beliefs by all means but this kind of stuff is just pathetic in a so called modern thinking democracy.

If this is what he feels then he can say it, but he hasnt, he has, as he did with the singing the national anthem make some excuse and then actually states his support for the Royals and its 'pointless ceremonies', this is hardly principled.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
If this is what he feels then he can say it, but he hasnt, he has, as he did with the singing the national anthem make some excuse and then actually states his support for the Royals and its 'pointless ceremonies', this is hardly principled.

This .. either Man up and object, and state your objections if you disagree but dont mock and disrespect the system , then turn around and state support for it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here