Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

Privy Council Meeting.......

0 Not allowed!
    Corbyn unable to attend due to 'prior commitments', although what these maybe is unknown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34471813

Much as I am enjoying watching JC make an arse of himself, I am worried that he is doing such a magnificent job of it that he will not be around come the next election.

Come on Jezza, pull yourself together!
    Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      I'm prepared to be OUTRAGED by the most sickening revelation yet in respect of this subhuman communist dictator. Bring it on - I'm going to check this out.....
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tinycowboy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm prepared to be OUTRAGED by the most sickening revelation yet in respect of this subhuman communist dictator. Bring it on - I'm going to check this out.....
      I think the description of 'clown' would be more appropriate
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      Corbyn unable to attend due to 'prior commitments', although what these maybe is unknown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34471813

Much as I am enjoying watching JC make an arse of himself, I am worried that he is doing such a magnificent job of it that he will not be around come the next election.

Come on Jezza, pull yourself together!
      Labour said it was not a snub and pointed out David Cameron took three months to be sworn in to the council. I say hang DC for being a Commie pig dog Queen hating pinko scum.
      You'd better believe it (it's so easy to say)

6 Not allowed!
      We've come a long long way together, through the hard times and the good
      I have to celebrate you Brighton, I have to praise you like I should

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      I think the description of 'clown' would be more appropriate
      Well, I've had a read and I'm a little disappointed - if he really has set up a 'private apppointment' just in order to avoid an embarrassing scene, then that seems a little unlike him - doesn't seem to be his style. However, his beliefs will put him in some awkward situations and there will be more of this kinds of thing. I think it's hard to be principled if you're a politician when those principles are not shared by a significant proportion of the population - you are open to ridicule, but, if he sticks to his guns, he will win some respect. God, I'm even boring MYSELF here.....anyone looking forward to the Leeds match?

6 Not allowed!
      He really is hitting a nerve, isn't he? Yet another extraordinarily petty overreaction over nothing much at all.

In all honesty, I hadn't previously really thought of him as that credible a major contender. But these daily rather shrill, frantic and desperate attacks on him from the right suggest that he must be. Fascinating to see.
      Originally posted by Trufflehound
      The Englishman says: "Just wash your hands after you've finished jacking off that greyhound please. We're hungry."

5 Not allowed!
      Cameron didn't swear in at Privy for 3 months according to the BBC. Fuss about nothing.
      Crime is a disease. I'm the cure.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Igzilla View Post
      Labour said it was not a snub and pointed out David Cameron took three months to be sworn in to the council. I say hang DC for being a Commie pig dog Queen hating pinko scum.
      there wasn't a meeting for 2 months and then paternity clashed. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6686096.html

its not a massive deal, except that its part of the job as leader of the opposition. Corbyn is doing this on principled grounds, he is a stated republican so fair play to that. how this would affect his ability to be a Prime Minister in a constitutional monarchy should be a question his supporters are asking.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      there wasn't a meeting for 2 months and then paternity clashed. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6686096.html

its not a massive deal, except that its part of the job as leader of the opposition. Corbyn is doing this on principled grounds, he is a stated republican so fair play to that. how this would affect his ability to be a Prime Minister in a constitutional monarchy should be a question his supporters are asking.
      Well, quite. Interesting snippet from the Guardian:

"In practice it is possible, and frequent, for members of the privy council to be appointed without meeting the monarch through a device known as an Order in Council, but is rare for a party leader to use such a course.

Corbyn’s office said that he had a prior engagement but declined to say how much notice had been given to Buckingham Palace, or reveal the nature of the private engagement that meant he was unable to meet the Queen."

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/...ction-by-queen
      You'd better believe it (it's so easy to say)