Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The album that was the soundtrack to your youth

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
This is the album that was the 'seed', if I may, to your entire record collection. Not necessarily the first album that you bought, but the one that you played all the time because to you it was fresh and new and brilliant; the album that helped you through into adulthood when all you knew previously were those cassettes of Shakin Stevens or Cliffy that your parents had which were mostly rubbish, or the mainstream chart tosh that your mates were into; the album that you still have in your collection and will pop on occasionally and still love.

The album that defined your youth.

Mine was Low Life by New Order. I loved everything about it, from the brilliant tracing paper sleeve, through to the 8 class tracks. Factory vinyls also seemed much thicker than other records so just the feel in the hand as you slipped it on the player was quality I have never understood to this day however, why the 12" version of Perfect Kiss was not included as standard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Live At The Witch Trials - The Fall

Sheer uncompromising sneer, and the perfect soundtrack to personal housebrick-sized bible of the time The Great Shark Hunt by Hunter S Thompson.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The_Jam_-_Sound_Effects.jpg

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Ash 1977 and Everything Must Go by the Manics were the 2 albums that shaped my rather one dimensional love for Indie music to this very day.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Silent Alarm by Bloc Party. Was 12/13 when it came out and still listen to it today.

Such a shame they've replaced two of the original members, their new song is one of the worst things that mankind has ever produced.

They should've quit after their near-equally brilliant second album A Weekend in the City really, they haven't made anything close to those two albums since and if their new track is anything to go by, the new album will be a crock o'shite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane and Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd probably have to go with 'Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket'.

They were never really my favourite band but it was relentlessly cheerful, different to what I'd heard before and was something that helped me go find other bands I might enjoy.

For later albums that made an impact (for different reasons);

Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails
Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here