Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best 11

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We've had a chance to see (most of) the team play now. So, if everyone is fit and available, what would your starting line up look like?

The biggest headache for me is on the wings. Fantastic position to be in.

Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Hunemeier - Bong
Murphy - Stephens - Kayal - LuaLua
Hemed - Baldock

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Rosenior, Crofts, Ince, March, Zamora​

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We've had a chance to see (most of) the team play now. So, if everyone is fit and available, what would your starting line up look like?

Stockdale
Hemed - Baldock

Dunk in for Uwe for now, I think both are equally as strong as eachover, but Dunk for the moment.

No mention on Manu, seems a little harsh.

I think there is little doubt to most peoples best 11, the question for me, where do people see the weaknesses in our starting 11.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think there is little doubt to most peoples best 11, the question for me, where do people see the weaknesses in our starting 11.

Right wing, particularly Bruno, is a weakness defensively. Both Bruno and Murphy are good going forwards, less so in a fast break against us.

Last edited:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Dunk in for Uwe for now, I think both are equally as strong as eachover, but Dunk for the moment.

Of all positions, we're light upfront, without doubt. Yet to be convinced by Hemed despite the early season goals, and whilst Baldock brings a lot the plate, there is room there for someone who is perhaps more clinical in front of goal.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Up top is the only place we need reinforcing IMO. Whilst Hemed has started well, I would drop him rather than Baldock if we were to bring in a Calleri-type striker. It may be controversial but I think Baldock's technical ability and persistence would make him a better foil for said Calleri-type. Whilst Hemed is obviously a talented player and a good asset, I don't think he is a natural goalscorer and with the way we play, playing with a 'target man' is redundant.

Would also replace Murphy with Rosenior when playing in tough away games and when we come up against the better sides in the league to give Bruno a bit more defensive support on the right side.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom

Stockdale
Hemed - Baldock

Dunk for BFG, his calmness on the ball and passing makes a real difference

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports