Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager of the Month (September) nominations

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Steve Clarke (Reading FC - Official)
Paul Clement (Derby County)
Chris Hughton (Brighton & Hove Albion FC)
Aitor Karanka (Middlesbrough FC)

The curse didn't work following Hughton's award for August, so I hope he wins again.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Middlesbrough won all 4 games, so realistically Karanka should win it. Nonetheless, Clement has pulled Derby out of the awful start they endured by gaining 10 points (unbeaten).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Karanka, 4 wins out of 4.
They only need to nominate one really.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We're still top, so bu66er them all..... said he, childishly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not bothered who wins - just incredible to be in a position where our man is nominated two months running.........compared with only a year ago............:albion2:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Got to be Karanka but I'm quite surprised how Reading have come back. They've been pretty dour since coming down from the PL, and despite signing some very decent players I still expected them to underperform. I remember being a bit gutted Reading got Clarke before we could muster the cajones to bin off Hyypia. Did a good job at WBA and will probably get Reading back up at some point I would have thought.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's rare that the award doesn't simply go to the team with the best record in the month.

Karanka wins.

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 11.55.31.png

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Got to be Karanka but I'm quite surprised how Reading have come back. They've been pretty dour since coming down from the PL, and despite signing some very decent players I still expected them to underperform. I remember being a bit gutted Reading got Clarke before we could muster the cajones to bin off Hyypia. Did a good job at WBA and will probably get Reading back up at some point I would have thought.

I think Reading could well win the league this year. They've been burdened since they came down with a hefty wage bill.
Pavel Pogrebnyak was on silly money and I think they found themselves in a situation like Birmingham with Zigic. I don't think it's any coincidence that the week after he left, they beat us to signing Vydra, becasue apparently they offered him a load more than we did. So now with a bit of money freed up, some decent signings and a decent manager, I really really really hate to say it, but I think they'll be the team to beat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here