Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you a phubber?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Phubbing is the practice of looking at your phone in a social situation instead of giving someone your full attentio

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/06/opinions/roberts-boss-phubbing/

5c21aaa047a6f50c44cb197357a5c302.jpg

What were you saying about plumbing?

It reminds me of a guy who lived near me in Powis Square for about 2 months.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Occasionally yes, but I hope it's with the kind of friends and family members that I can say 'What?' to, instead of 'Sorry?'

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I try to avoid it simply because it really bugs me when someone else does it during a conversation.

Then again, if I were less dull...?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I don't as I hate people doing it to me.
My business partner does this really annoying thing, we'll be discussing an important job and he'll get a text "ping"
from his pocket.
He then sort of glazes over and you can tell that the most important thing is now what that text says and not what we are currently discussing.
It's a text FFS! , it will still be there and say exactly the same thing when we have finished our conversation!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If this happens to you, reach for your own mobile and talk to someone about anything for as long as you feel it will take to pizz off the perpetrator. Or even just pretend to have a protracted conversation. Then perhaps say "sorry, I thought you were busy".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't as I hate people doing it to me.
My business partner does this really annoying thing, we'll be discussing an important job and he'll get a text "ping"
from his pocket.
He then sort of glazes over and you can tell that the most important thing is now what that text says and not what we are currently discussing.
It's a text FFS! , it will still be there and say exactly the same thing when we have finished our conversation!
..sorry what?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Digressing slightly I think people who are on there phones at say a supermarket check out or some other situation where they need to interact ( petrol station/coffeshop) totally annoying and in my eyes bad manners.
If the call is that important you would not be at a supermarket or petrol station/ coffee shop...

HANG UP ignorant buffoons and dont talk so damn loud everyone can hear your conversation.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hate it when people do that.
I don't; probably because I have a basic Nokia flip top phone that doesn't even take photos!
If I wasn't retired, I would have had to get a 'proper' phone, but it is quite liberating to live one's life without being ruled by a poxy gadget.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What is a reverse phubber called?

You know, you are deep in concentration regarding something on your phone, and they insist on talking you despite it being completely obvious you are engaged in something far more critically important..!?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here