Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should replace Blatter?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The reign of Sepp Blatter as the President of FIFA rumbles on, bouncing from crisis to crisis with him holding his hands up and saying that he hasn’t done anything wrong, and that he has FIFA’s best interests at heart. February can’t come soon enough.

But who should replace him? Platini has been tarred with the same brush, and many of the other replacements lining themselves up seem to be a little dodgy too.

We need a FIFA President who:

• Loves football and cares about the game
  • Is scrupulously honest
  • Is well respected by the fans
  • Has played football at a reasonable level, and
  • He can score a goal with his face.

What do you think? I think he’d be great!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Out of the credible football-related candidates it has to be that middle-eastern prince fella, doesn't it?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7104802 said:
Not sure if you're joking or not, but I actually think he'd be great. Has enough personal wealth that he'd be doing it for football and not the money.
Not joking. I think he would be very good.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
A football guy rather than some politician . someone who is a good ambassador and who can then have the suits around him to run the organisation Beckham , Figo etc

Dec 15, 2014
Here
A football guy rather than some politician . someone who is a good ambassador and who can then have the suits around him to run the organisation Beckham , Figo etc

Landon Donovan

He has connections to big American money and knows world football. He also has many European friends. He's a great ambassador. Unfortunately he, like Beckham, only knows English and that won't get him votes.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7104897 said:
He seems like a very bitter man, certainly wouldn't be my choice.

He might have been bitter with being left off the USMNT but he'll get over it. I heard he wants to get into the ownership ranks so he does have big dreams.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Clare Balding. She seems to get every other gig going.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm losing track - which ethics committee is that - surely not FIFA's own committee?

Yup, the one and same. What's confusing is who can ratify the recommendation given that so many of FIFA's senior executives are suspended or under investigation.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
He might have been bitter with being left off the USMNT but he'll get over it. I heard he wants to get into the ownership ranks so he does have big dreams.

I continue to believe Donovan will get over it but it seems yesterday he came full throttle angered at Jurgen Klinsmann

“Jurgen said many times he wants our players to feel pressure — so if they lose a game they can’t go to the grocery store the next day. If they lose a game, they are getting hammered in the press.

“Well, the same holds true for the coach, and so we had a very poor summer with bad results in the Gold Cup. The last game against Brazil was probably the worst game I’ve seen them play under Jurgen. The reality is that now, anywhere else in the world, if this coach had those results, and they lose this game against Mexico, they’d be fired.

“I think if Jurgen wants to hold all the players to that standard, then he has to be held to that standard too.”

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here