Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] FORSTER-CASKEY HOPING FOR PROUD ENGLAND MOMENT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jake Forster-Caskey says it could be a very proud moment for him when Brighton & Hove Albion hosts an England under-21 international with Switzerland next month.

Forster-Caskey and Albion team-mates Christian Walton and Solly March are included in Gareth Southgate’s squad for the European qualifier against Kazakhstan next Tuesday, and the 21-year-old hopes that all three will also feature in the match with Switzerland at the Amex in November.He told seagulls.co.uk, “To play for England at the Amex would be very special for me and I am hoping to get into that squad.
“If me, Solly and Christian get in, then we’ll be training as hard as possible to start the game because it will be a great one to look back on.
“We’ve got a good group of youngsters at Brighton that are proving themselves and Christian and Solly are both top players.
“It will be a good game with Switzerland. I don’t know too much about them as a side, but anyone you play in a European qualifier is going to be tough to beat.
“Hopefully we can create a good atmosphere at the stadium and get the three points that we need.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The midfielder’s immediate focus is the match against Kazakhstan at the Ricoh Arena and he is pleased to be one of the more established players in the squad.“People are looking at me a bit more because I was part of the group that went to the Euros last summer.
“I am one of the most experienced players now, but you still have to go away and train hard to try and get into the team, because playing for your country is a massive honour.
“It’s something that every player wants to do and I’m thankful to have been chosen again.
“We’ve started the campaign very well with a win in Norway and we now know what we need to do going into the Kazakhstan game.”
Meanwhile, Forster-Caskey says he is enjoying his current one-month loan spell at MK Dons.
“I have only been there for two games, but I’ve really enjoyed it and like the way they play.
“That was quite a big factor in the loan move because I wanted to go somewhere that I knew I could fit in and hopefully do well.
“I knew a couple of the players there before I arrived, so it is easier to go somewhere when you know people. They made me feel very welcome.
“My first impressions of Karl Robinson have been very good; he is a great motivator and I have really enjoyed playing under him.
“It was important that I went out on loan, because I haven’t been getting the minutes I need due to the team doing so well.
“For someone like me who is a young footballer, you want to play as much as possible and that was why I left to get some game time under my belt.”

[h=3]ALBION V BRISTOL CITY*
[/h]TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V *PRESTON NORTH END*
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MILTON KEYNES DONS
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH NOVEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here