Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Les Miserables - what a show

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw Les Miserables again this afternoon for the second time in the West End, and I can barely describe how good it is. The stage production is mesmerising, the creativity on that revolving stage is at times genuinely eyepopping. Whoever played Jean Valjean and Javert (I'm not quite enough of a luvvie to know their names) were superb. I quite like the film, but nothing compares with that stage production. Actually seeing a live orchestra, with phenomenally talented actors singing their hearts out is such a privilege. Genuine, jaw-dropping performances, and YES I snotted up at the end and SNIVELLED. You would need a heart of stone not to..

If you've not seen it - do yourself a favour. Its bloody marvellous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The current cast is superb, did you have Phil Daniels as Thenardier

Yes, and he was absolutely bloody brilliant. Stole the show.

They made the same mistake on stage as they did in the film though - Eponine is WAY hotter than Cosette. Much more slutty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Empty Chairs at empty tables kills me every time

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, and he was absolutely bloody brilliant. Stole the show.

They made the same mistake on stage as they did in the film though - Eponine is WAY hotter than Cosette. Much more slutty.

Think it's an inspired bit of casting

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Saw Les Miserables again this afternoon for the second time in the West End, and I can barely describe how good it is. The stage production is mesmerising, the creativity on that revolving stage is at times genuinely eyepopping. Whoever played Jean Valjean and Javert (I'm not quite enough of a luvvie to know their names) were superb. I quite like the film, but nothing compares with that stage production. Actually seeing a live orchestra, with phenomenally talented actors singing their hearts out is such a privilege. Genuine, jaw-dropping performances, and YES I snotted up at the end and SNIVELLED. You would need a heart of stone not to..

If you've not seen it - do yourself a favour. Its bloody marvellous.

I guess I have a heart of stone:( The only emotion I felt at the end was relief that it was finally over. Theres no doubt that the cast are incredibly talented but I spent four hours wondering what the f@*k was going on. If you don't know the story line it's almost impossible to follow so it becomes a succession of seemingly random scenes. By the end I was none the wiser than when it started. It did seem to be only me with this problem though as everyone else was dabbing away at their eyes.

I guess musicals just aren't my thing.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
On a 'show' theme, (not as heavy as Les Mis) we went to see Mamma Mia' recently, as a good friend plays 'Sam' in it.

I hadn't wanted to go as thought as not my thing, but went as a group as part of whole day out, and have to say say it very good indeed.

(I'd not seen the MM film beforehand, but did go to see the Abba Movie when i was getting over chicken pox, at the Odean in '77.) :cool:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I guess I have a heart of stone:( The only emotion I felt at the end was relief that it was finally over. Theres no doubt that the cast are incredibly talented but I spent four hours wondering what the f@*k was going on. If you don't know the story line it's almost impossible to follow so it becomes a succession of seemingly random scenes. By the end I was none the wiser than when it started. It did seem to be only me with this problem though as everyone else was dabbing away at their eyes.

I guess musicals just aren't my thing.

The book is a very good read.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Love a musical, me.

Matilda has been my favourite recent one. I've seen it both in London and NYC and both were sensational.

The prices for good tickets for a West End musical, make the cost going to football seem like pocket change.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that shower of shit. Saw it in the West End a few years ago, and was soooo thankful when it ended. Utter drivel and far far far too long.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I will have to check it out, I loved the film they made a couple of years ago.

If you loved the film then you'll be blown away by the stage production.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Love a musical, me.

Matilda has been my favourite recent one. I've seen it both in London and NYC and both were sensational.

The prices for good tickets for a West End musical, make the cost going to football seem like pocket change.

Maybe we should have an NSC 'Fans of musical theatre section' :smile:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I saw Avenue Q recently when the UK tour was in Brighton. It was really entertaining, although the songs weren't nearly as memorable as other shows I've seen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here