Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably one for AZ gull

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Or someone else who knows about the kids at the Academy.

Thomas Byrne, I think he's about 16, came over from Ireland.

Does anyone know how easy (or hard) it is to get to see his age group play?

I work with a member of his (not immediate) family, and they'd like get to see him and see how he's getting on.

Thanks.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sorry to hijack your thread but AZ do you know if Ragnar Mar Larusson is still out on loan or has he returned as your contract list has him loaned out until the 4th October.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Unless things have changed of late it is pretty easy to watch them.
They sometimes have matches in the afternoon, early evenings and on Saturday normally mornings. They used to play at Lancing college pre the academy at Lancing days.
They could travel a fair way to the away games even up to the Midlands, they get taken up by coach and you could get up their under your own steam....early start on Saturdays.
The lad should know where he is playing so just pick your game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I work with a member of his (not immediate) family, and they'd like get to see him and see how he's getting on.

Thanks.

Byrne is a first year scholar and plays for the Albion U-18 side - this is their fixture list - Under-18 Fixtures

The matches are played on Saturday mornings [although I happen to know that the game at West Ham in 9 days time has been switched to Thursday October 15].

Home matches are played at the new training ground at Lancing. The best bet is to contact the club prior to the match as I am not sure what the policy is as regards attendance. The same applies to away matches, which are usually held at the club's training ground or complex.

If the U-18 side get a home draw in the FA Youth Cup there is a fair chance it will be held at the Amex, as it has been in recent seasons.

Hope this helps.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Z
Byrne is a first year scholar and plays for the Albion U-18 side - this is their fixture list - Under-18 Fixtures

The matches are played on Saturday mornings [although I happen to know that the game at West Ham in 9 days time has been switched to Thursday October 15].

Home matches are played at the new training ground at Lancing. The best bet is to contact the club prior to the match as I am not sure what the policy is as regards attendance. The same applies to away matches, which are usually held at the club's training ground or complex.

If the U-18 side get a home draw in the FA Youth Cup there is a fair chance it will be held at the Amex, as it has been in recent seasons.

Hope this helps.

QUALITY INFO AS ALWAYS. :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Hope this helps.

More questions: how regularly do you get to see the Albion, in whichever guise?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry to hijack your thread but AZ do you know if Ragnar Mar Larusson is still out on loan or has he returned as your contract list has him loaned out until the 4th October.

I put a date of Oct 4 as the Icelandic season finished on Saturday, so I would assume that he has (or will shortly) return to the Albion.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
More questions: how regularly do you get to see the Albion, in whichever guise?

Live - only the first team, and only when I return to the UK each Christmas time (so hopefully Middlesbrough, Brentford and Ipswich later this season).

I do get to see the games on beIN sports (either broadcast, or online), so typically up to about 10 times a season.

I'll only get to see the U-21s if the club broadcasts the match, and I never see the U-18s.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Live - only the first team, and only when I return to the UK each Christmas time (so hopefully Middlesbrough, Brentford and Ipswich later this season).

I do get to see the games on beIN sports (either broadcast, or online), so typically up to about 10 times a season.

I'll only get to see the U-21s if the club broadcasts the match, and I never see the U-18s.

Did you make it to Fulham (away) last year?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He scored on his debut when he came on as a half-time sub against Arsenal on September 5.

He started the next game against leaders Reading and scored again in a 2-1 win.

2 goals in 4 starts (and 1 sub appearance) so far.

Thanks (again') for that.

Is there a link to those stats I can show his family member please?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did you make it to Fulham (away) last year?

No. :rant:

The match was originally scheduled for Sunday December 28 and I was really looking forward to adding a new ground to my list. Then the b@#$ards moved the fixture to the following evening. I ended up listening to the final 10 minutes or so in the US Airways lounge at Philadelphia Airport.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No. :rant:

The match was originally scheduled for Sunday December 28 and I was really looking forward to adding a new ground to my list. Then the b@#$ards moved the fixture to the following evening. I ended up listening to the final 10 minutes or so in the US Airways lounge at Philadelphia Airport.

I won't recount what I was up to while you were in a non-place in Philly, then.
ps the last 10 mins were good

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Thanks.

Thomas Byrne was heavily involved in the U-18s 3-3 draw at Southampton on Saturday. He put in the cross from which Jordan Maguire-Drew opened the scoring after only two minutes, and then put in another cross for JMD to bring Albion back to 3-2 just before the hour. Saints' centre-back Alfie Jones was then sent-off for a foul on Byrne with five minutes left, and left-back George Cox smashed home the free-kick from the edge of the box for the equaliser.

Saints' match report:- U18 REPORT: Southampton 3-3 Brighton

Match highlights:-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here