Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901. - What to do?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Received my renewal paperwork including a very nifty usb stick thingy to plug into my computer so that I can access the new members site. Fantastic!.......... Except I don't have a laptop to plug it in to :blush:
I've got an iPad and an iPhone which meet all my general needs but should I now go out and buy a new laptop so that I can access this wonderful facility?
Perhaps not.

In truth I'm torn at the moment about whether renewing is a sensible option. My wife's health isn't the best and we find ourselves missing more games each season and the 400 mile round trip for every game is likely to become more difficult as the travel exacerbates the pain she already suffers. It's not going to get better and the viability of committing to 5 years looks questionable.

So should we go back to the disabled shelf in East Stand where it's only a one year commitment or is that way to sensible and would giving up the warmth of the lounge be just too much to bear? I guess there will only be a few in our position and I will want to be certain we can get a season ticket for next year before making the decision. Club forecasting 85% renewals and talking to people in our lounge I think it'll be that comfortably but not sure we will be among them. :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't there an option to sell on 1901 memberships if no longer required ? Or isn't it that easy ?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Is there space in the disabled section? If so, I'd go there rather than commit yourself for 5 more years.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Are you able to buy a 1901 package, and 'sell' the games that you cannot make back to the club so someone can take your seat?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Received my renewal paperwork including a very nifty usb stick thingy to plug into my computer so that I can access the new members site. Fantastic!.......... Except I don't have a laptop to plug it in to :blush:
I've got an iPad and an iPhone which meet all my general needs but should I now go out and buy a new laptop so that I can access this wonderful facility?
Perhaps not.

In truth I'm torn at the moment about whether renewing is a sensible option. My wife's health isn't the best and we find ourselves missing more games each season and the 400 mile round trip for every game is likely to become more difficult as the travel exacerbates the pain she already suffers. It's not going to get better and the viability of committing to 5 years looks questionable.

So should we go back to the disabled shelf in East Stand where it's only a one year commitment or is that way to sensible and would giving up the warmth of the lounge be just too much to bear? I guess there will only be a few in our position and I will want to be certain we can get a season ticket for next year before making the decision. Club forecasting 85% renewals and talking to people in our lounge I think it'll be that comfortably but not sure we will be among them. :(

Weirdly, given the gaps at either end, but I reckon that the East Upper concourse feels warmer than any of the others. Must be all the hot water bottles and tartan blankets. I love it.

I've never been in the lounge though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I guess it is down to you, I don't know your age, but if you were my parents or Grandparents I would say sign up and do it. If you have the money to do it why not.

If it is one thing you and your wife Love then do it for as long as you can and as in as much comfort as you can. Im sure bing able to pop inside at half time must be a lifesaver in the winter.

If we go up the tickets will be worth a fortune so if you cant make it the tickets will easily be sold.

Ultimately only you and the wife will know whats best for you both.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
just tried to use my fancy stick they sent.

Sort of works but can only get into the site using my password which it has deeded not to recognise. Been through a process to renew the password. Came out to do other things, went back and it doesn't recognise the new password.

Anyway, I have checked back on our original documentation and it says that the "Joining fee", that's what we payed for the right to buy the seat, is withdrawn with no refund if the membership is not renewed. So why did I pay additional money for a 50 year term?

There seems to be no flexibility in buying a new 5 year term. So by by 1901.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've only been to Somerset once, a couple of weeks back, but even as a passenger in a car, it's a helluva long and tedious journey. Total respect [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] you've done it up til now, but with a sick wife to factor in, who could blame you for being wary of making a five year commitment? Even making a one year commitment in such circumstances would be exceptional IMHO. Go with your instincts and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here