The Apprentice (series 11) - official thread

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Starts Wed 14 Oct, btw.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am quite literally a business monster. I deficate success without straining.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just call me in 3 months after all these muppets have embarrassed themselves and everyone watching ends up moaning at the entirely flawed concept (when by far the most competent contestant turns out to have an absolutely shithouse business proposal). AGAIN.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can't wait to find out who might be the new Katie Hopkins.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you ignore the fact that the premise is flawed, and ignore the fact that (at least) half of the contestants just want a slice of reality TV pie, rather than a business opportunity, then The Apprentice is great. Its funny watching them cock up, and watching their inflated egos get punctured.

Its also one of very, very few things on TV that myself, my wife and our two teenage sons ALL enjoy watching together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you ignore the fact that the premise is flawed, and ignore the fact that (at least) half of the contestants just want a slice of reality TV pie, rather than a business opportunity, then The Apprentice is great. Its funny watching them cock up, and watching their inflated egos get punctured.

Its also one of very, very few things on TV that myself, my wife and our two teenage sons ALL enjoy watching together.

You sound like a family that should be on gogglebox :D

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ah - never seen it, so don't know whether to be OFFENDED or not...

I would be. It features the lowest average IQ on television, possibly apart from a) Snog, Marry, Avoid b) Dinner Date and c) the Conservative party conference.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
After reading about them all I'm quite confident this could be the biggest collection if DINLOS yet. Not sure who I hate more already, the "Geezer Bird" or the "Godfather of Business". Officially excited.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anyone who takes part in this must be the ''spawn'' of Dsinghis Kahn and ready cut their friends and neighbor's throat in an instant. Not my sort of people at all. However had the pleasure to meet Claude the guy who is now in the Boardroom and who used to do the interviews, the other week.

He is really really nice bloke and a pure gentleman in real life. He is also quite small. He always looked really tall and quite evil when I saw him on TV before

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I agree with you Hans Kraay Fan Club it is great entertainment unless you are a bit dim and therefore take it all too seriously.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Have they still not renamed it C:censored:t of the Year?

Hasn't Sugar already won that himself with his comments on Sadiq Khan when he precursed his opinion that Khan as London mayor would contribute to stopping the market with the words 'I don't know the fellow, or what he stands for'?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

If only more checks were done re the business plans of the contestants then the whole show would have more validity. I'm not asking for full-on due diligence, but at least a check that the business plans are viable enough for Sugar to invest in principle, and that the plan itself passes basic "fit for purpose" checks.

Too often you invest time in this series only to find out at the death that the contestant reaches the last 5 but has a business that Sugar never had the faintest intention of investing in, or that the venture itself is workable but the plan was written by a 5 year-old so is a non-starter.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Always found it entertaining TV, in a 'don't take it very seriously' kind of way.

The change of role for Claude is a big call, and I think they may have got that wrong. I'd have brought in someone else. Part of the fun and build-up of expectation was to see the contestants get slaughtered and pulled apart by him in the interviews. You get away with that for a one-off, but I'm not sure anyone wants a whole series of that, every episode.

I suspect either people will get sick of him with the exposure, OR he'll be told to tone it down and won't be the same animal, neither of which is good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here