Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we be there at the business end?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Andy Naylor in the Argus thinks we might just do so...
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/138...__Albion_suggesting_they_can_stay_the_course/

except ..."the one big reservation about Albion's capacity to stay somewhere close to where they currently are.
Have they got enough goals in their pool of strikers?"

and
PS: here's the table from 2014/15 after 10 games.
- 3 of the top 6, were in the top 6 at the end
- 2 of the top 3 after 10 games were promoted...
- Bournemouth were well out of it at this stage. After the international break they went on a fantastic run.
- And we all know what happened to Forest, Derby and Wolves.

aftertengames.jpg

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Andy Naylor in the Argus thinks we might just do so...
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/138...__Albion_suggesting_they_can_stay_the_course/

except ..."the one big reservation about Albion's capacity to stay somewhere close to where they currently are.
Have they got enough goals in their pool of strikers?"

and
PS: here's the table from 2014/15 after 10 games.
- 3 of the top 6, were in the top 6 at the end
- 2 of the top 3 after 10 games were promoted...
- Bournemouth were well out of it at this stage. After the international break they went on a fantastic run.
- And we all know what happened to Forest, Derby and Wolves.

View attachment 69013

It's amazing how many people have referenced this league table saying 'Oooh look what happened to Forest and Derby'... no one seems to mention what happened to Norwich and Watford!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought we were dyed in the wool losers last year and from very early on I was sure we'd struggle all season

This year I BELIEVE, so yes we will be thereabouts imo

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top 8 for sure... Yes I'm a bit on the fence...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't expect to be where we are at the moment. CH teams notoriously start slowly and then gain momentum. I expected to be about 10th at this stage and sneak into the play offs near the end of the season.

However, it is not only the position we are in which surprises me. What surprises me even more is how good we have been in every game. I actually don't think there has been a game we have deserved to even drop a point yet. The fact is we have dropped points when we should have won, so that's not a good sign but on the flip side. Who is actually better than us ? Even with a weakened side at the weekend, we absolutely battered Cardiff.

For me I havn't seen a side as good as us so I say YES we will be there. The deciding factor could well be who invests most wisely in the January transfer window. That could be a deciding factor in this division this year

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We also have 2 additional points than both forest and Norwich did at this stage of the season and both had lost games. Something good is currently happening. We should enjoy it while it lasts. I've yet to see a better side than us currently, so hopefully we can maintain the form. We should just enjoy it though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes we will. We might get edged out of the automatics, but expect us to be the favourites in the play off lottery. The team is not much different to last year in terms of personnel. But IMHO, there is a team spirit and belief which exceeds anything from the last 4 years.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
After Saturday I think we will be in the mix although top 2 may be a bit of a push. My main concern apart from the lack of goals up front is what happens when/if Stephens or Kayal get injured, I just don't see the same quality to come in and how we perform when that happens is going to be crucial to our automatic promotion chances.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
After Saturday I think we will be in the mix although top 2 may be a bit of a push. My main concern apart from the lack of goals up front is what happens when/if Stephens or Kayal get injured, I just don't see the same quality to come in and how we perform when that happens is going to be crucial to our automatic promotion chances.

I think Stevens & Kayal will both miss at least one game each from suspension. I guess the key thing is whether either gets to 10 and has a 2 game ban - kayal is already on 4 so that's a worry. Anyone know when they get wiped out? Also obviously a red card or injury to either will be a huge blow - bound to happen though!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be very surprised of we're not top six come the season end as we have such a good spine to the team. Goals & Injuries will decide how much longer we can stay in the top two. I think we're due some luck however and can see us winning all of the remaining October games including the Royal appointment at the end of the month.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Reading on 31-Oct will be the Barometer for me - especially since they turned Boro over and they were going well.
If we get a point from Reading - means we can compete at the top end
But we also have to thrash bottom sides like Brizzle too [at least two clear goals]
By the end of Oct - we will know if we're good enough ....

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Not a chance , i shall drink a pint of that real ale shyte if we do .

Boro fans were asking ourselves exactly the same question on our board last year with opinions on both sides of the fence. We seemed to be doing the same as you are this year; not scoring bucketloads more than the rest of the league but being incredibly hard to beat. The positive supporters, dismissed as Ra Ra's by the others, argued that we should be able to boss most games 1 nil so didn't see us falling at all. The negative supporters who were referred to as Bedwetters grumbled that our lack of goals would cost us overall and that we should expect to finish mid-table, about 10th or 11th. Those same negative posters are currently saying that the Reading defeat, which to be honest we didn't turn up for as we seem prone to every 8 games or so, is an indicator that teams have sussed how to play against us rather than the fact we started the match dozily which changed the entire game plan and disregarding the 7 wins on the bounce we acheived immediately beforehand.

It's far too early to tell how your season's going to pan out as we're only 20% of the way in. Teams have bossed the entire season some years and on the flip side, there's even been a team relegated after being top in October, Millwall being that unfortunate side.

If I was to hazard a guess though based on past seasons I've witnessed I'd imagine you'll be finishing somewhere like 5th, in the lottery where anything can happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here