Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Overseas Fans Watching The Albion

el punal

Doing a bit of people watching at Saturday's game, I couldn't help but notice the number of foreign/overseas fans coming to support the Albion. Sat in the West Upper I saw four Asian fans rock up wearing replica shirts and scarves looking a bit bemused, with their match day tickets, as to where to sit. By the looks of it they must have done a splurge in the club shop!

So are we now overtaking Chelsea as the must-see football experience, or is it a legacy from the Amex held RWC games, or the club's match ticket offer?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Big group of French or French speaking teenagers in the north west stand and a couple of games back we had some German speakers in their thirties sitting just behind me

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've seen quite a few Spanish fans in the last four years, since we've been at the Amex.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I met 4 Jocks for a beer after the game
last time they came there was only two of them

a large Foreign increase all be it not from overseas

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
University starts end of Sep/Start of October so no doubt many of them were new students to the area. Hopefully they enjoyed what they saw and return.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
People are starting to hear about us to be honest so I'm not really surprised. People I go to uni with here know about Brighton, mainly because of Poyet/Vicente/Hyypiä. And also the fact I won't shut up that we're top of the league.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Doing a bit of people watching at Saturday's game, I couldn't help but notice the number of foreign/overseas fans coming to support the Albion. Sat in the West Upper I saw four Asian fans rock up wearing replica shirts and scarves looking a bit bemused, with their match day tickets, as to where to sit. By the looks of it they must have done a splurge in the club shop!

So are we now overtaking Chelsea as the must-see football experience, or is it a legacy from the Amex held RWC games, or the club's match ticket offer?

A party of 20 students here from Switzerland got on the train at Eastbourne, and to my amazement, all were heading to the Amex for the match. Great to see.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
A good few years back when we were playing league 1 football at the withdean.
I went on holliday to bulgaria, i went into a bar or shop ( cant remember ) only to find the place had a bhafc clock
I remeber saying do u surport the albion, the bloke didnt talk much english but after pointing out the clock he said ah brighton best football team.
It was a good feeling.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
A party of 20 students here from Switzerland got on the train at Eastbourne, and to my amazement, all were heading to the Amex for the match. Great to see.

They must have been the group I saw in the shop. Spending quite a bit too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Was hearing quite a few Dutch, or at least what sounded Dutch to me, speakers on Saturday.
[MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] introduced me to a couple of Dutch seagulls in the Lower West after the game on Saturday

[MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] introduced me to a couple of Dutch seagulls in the Lower West after the game on Saturday

Whatever happened to TLO?

The board is poorer without him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here